Gettysburg Tour

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Amish John
Reactions:

Re:Gettysburg Tour

Post by Amish John »

Would it be appropriate for a unit that receives a volley to receive a morale reduction?
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Amish John wrote:
Would it be appropriate for a unit that receives a volley to receive a morale reduction?
Excellent point! Compound that with a flank shot while moving in column...and "skedadle" would be the order of the day!

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

I would think so. In some cases, perhaps, an unsuspecting unit would rout if a volley was unleashed at a very close range. Of course at Gettysburg, most regiments both Union and Confederate were veterans they probably wouldn't rout initially.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

I want to see units moving even if they are taking hits in the ranks like during pickets charge they moved forward even while they were being torn to bits same with the regulars in the wheat field.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

It'd be great if a volley from a unit that was hidden but just became visible had a morale hit on the receiving regiment and automatically caused them to fall back. Of course it wouldn't rout or retreat them, but that would still halt an attack.

Kind of like when a regiment gets attacked while in column formation while in the woods in TC2M.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I think that there would be enough of a morale hit alreadly in the game. Losing all those men at once would certainly have a large effect on morale.
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

Another thing that I liked was the new look of the VP objective. The red circle on the ground below the VP icon helps finding your objective.

Dave
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

cliffy wrote:
Another thing that I liked was the new look of the VP objective. The red circle on the ground below the VP icon helps finding your objective.

Dave
Dave,

That's good news. I always had a hard time figuring what "Hell's half acre" that objective icon was hovering over. The improvements over TC2M just keep piling up.

John
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Amish John wrote:
cliffy wrote:

Dave
Dave,

That's good news. I always had a hard time figuring what "Hell's half acre" that objective icon was hovering over. The improvements over TC2M just keep piling up.

John
Also, now when you cycle through your commanders using the arrow keys, the camera no longer moves around the map to find them, it stays put.. One of my favorite new features... thanks to... yours truly... cough cough, wink wink, nudge nudge.. :laugh:
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Little Powell wrote:
Also, now when you cycle through your commanders using the arrow keys, the camera no longer moves around the map to find them, it stays put.. One of my favorite new features... thanks to... yours truly... cough cough, wink wink, nudge nudge.. :laugh:
It's an option, before I hear the complaints :)