Favorite Brigade to Use?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
MadMan
Reactions:

Re:Favorite Brigade to Use?

Post by MadMan »

Torn, torn, I tell you...

Either:

Barksdale's Mississippians under McLaws

or

Law's Alabamian's under Hood
Last edited by MadMan on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JReynolds
Reactions:

Post by JReynolds »

It is easier to pick a good brigade or division that fights for the South than the North I think. I suppose it is because the history and accomplishments of the southern generals might be more widely known.

My biggest hope is that MP games aren't the same divisions always going at each other...in other words I hope people don't pick just the elite troops.
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Post by Colonel Dreux »

Hays' Louisiana Tigers. Totally kicked Federal ass on Day One and Two. Early's Division could have possibly changed the course of the battle by taking Cemetery Hill on Day One, so I'll like full around with that division a bit.

Hood's Division would also be a lot of fun. Killing Joshua Chamberlain would be a fantastic accomplishment. :)

If I ever go Yankee, I'll first look at Soloman Meredith's Iron Brigade. They stuck it to Archer's and Joseph Davis' brigade early on Day One. I think they're were in Wadsworth's Division, I forget.
Paul71stPVI
Reactions:

Post by Paul71stPVI »

Philadelphia Brigade, no doubt. Stopped Pickett in his tracks...not to mention I represent one of their regiments :)
Company K
1st California Regiment (71st P.V.)
Armchair General
Reactions:

Post by Armchair General »

Paul71stPVI wrote:
Philadelphia Brigade, no doubt. Stopped Pickett in his tracks...not to mention I represent one of their regiments :)
The Rock of Erin- 69th Pennsylvania. Good Brigade. I had completely forgot about them. Didn't its commander get the Medal of the Honor? Alexander Webb I think his name was.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

The Philadelphia Brigade has always been a favorite of mine too, although I gravitate more towards the 72nd or 106th. (O.O.Howard was the brigade commander at Antietam and Division Commander at Fredericksburg.) I am pretty much happy to play any Army of the Potomac brigade, especially one's that are less "popular." I expect to play as 11th, 12th or 6th Corps in multiplayer, as they seem to have fewer supporters.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Post by Gfran64 »

I'm partial to the 1st New Jersey Brigade. If it is not available, the 2nd New Jersey Brigade will do just fine provided it dosen't get cannibalized.

Regards,

Greg B)
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

Gfran64 wrote:
I'm partial to the 1st New Jersey Brigade. If it is not available, the 2nd New Jersey Brigade will do just fine provided it dosen't get cannibalized.

Regards,

Greg B)
Just hope your division or corps commander doesn't have an over-ride control for the detach/attach icons on your regiments!
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Post by Colonel Dreux »

11th Corps might be fun since they were so small and therefore outnumbered.
Chonaman
Reactions:

Post by Chonaman »

Joshua l.Chamberlain wrote:
I would use the 3rd Brigade (Vincent's Brigade), 1st Division, V Corps obviously. For a division I would I use Ayres's Regulars Division cause I have always had very good successes when I would command that division in TC2M.
After all the times I've watched Gettysburg, I'd be a liar if I didn't admit to wanting to have Chamberlain and the 20th Maine under my command...

But I am looking forward to getting to know brigades on both sides, and hope they will perform well under my leadership, as they did IRL!