Map editor and Future NSD releases

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Map editor and Future NSD releases

Post by Little Powell »

Louie Raider wrote:
if it wasn't for modders creating Europa Barbarorum there wouldn't be anything worth playing at all in RTW, IMO.
Very true. The stock version of RTW is unrealistic with too much micromanaging, and it just becomes flat out repetitious after about 5 turns. EB is like a whole new game.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I would certainly envision that if this GB release is successful and we can keep making games, that we would do Waterloo. I cannot imagine a reason not to. We have a ton of people that play the game just waiting for us to cross the ocean. So if we continue our course, I would expect Waterloo to be on the horizon. It just makes sense.
louie raider
Reactions:

Post by louie raider »

Little Powell wrote:
Louie Raider wrote:
if it wasn't for modders creating Europa Barbarorum there wouldn't be anything worth playing at all in RTW, IMO.
Very true. The stock version of RTW is unrealistic with too much micromanaging, and it just becomes flat out repetitious after about 5 turns. EB is like a whole new game.
what i like most about it -- and ultimately, what i love most about our game right here -- is the attention paid to historical accuracy. the vanilla version of RTW is like the movie version of history, while you have some serious ancient history buffs working on EB, down to the instruments on which they play the different background music.

while i'm not saying any game can be 100% accurate historically, the amount of effort trying to get as close as possible with that game is evident and gets my respect.
this space for rent
Von_Clausewitz
Reactions:

Post by Von_Clausewitz »

norb wrote:
I would certainly envision that if this GB release is successful and we can keep making games, that we would do Waterloo. I cannot imagine a reason not to. We have a ton of people that play the game just waiting for us to cross the ocean. So if we continue our course, I would expect Waterloo to be on the horizon. It just makes sense.
This is great news indeed. Civil war buffs have their great war simulation and now we need ours lol.
Gettysburg will be successful even if I have to buy all copies myself.
On a more serious note, I cannot see how gettysburg would fail or disappoint you in sales, It is the best ACW simulation to date.

VC