Latest Patch

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Latest Patch

Post by DarkRob »

Is the new patch actually available yet? I keep checking for update but it still says I have the most up to date version.
mkeogh76
Reactions:

Post by mkeogh76 »

[quote]Thank you everyone for all your support. We are currently working hard on our next title which will remain in the same historical time period. We'll release more details as things are locked down.

quote]

It's really great news to hear that SOW series is continuing. I've had my worries as to the series' viability considering how dead its forums (Steam, Matrix, and here) have been despite Waterloo and its DLC being fairly young games. Also, the Wavre release being done in a seemingly hurried manner (no release patch and little things like Grouchy having a generic portrait) also appeared to indicate that the series' future wasn't exactly bright. So, I am very glad that Norbsoft are moving forward with another release.

Although I see areas where they can be improved upon, I do love these games and will continue to purchase them as long as Norbsoft keeps making them.

I am little bit surprised (but not disappointed) that the next game is going to be in the "same historical time period" as Waterloo. Another Napoleonic title? What else could it be?
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Another Napoleonic title? What else could it be?
If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Austerlitz.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Hm. I've learned to be cautious when devs make an announcement like this. Nothing was said about it being an SoW title, just that it would be in the same time frame.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Hm. I've learned to be cautious when devs make an announcement like this. Nothing was said about it being an SoW title, just that it would be in the same time frame.
I honestly didn't even know Norbsoft made other titles besides Scourge of War. What other games have they made?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

There's an iPhone App game for the ACW.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

There's an iPhone App game for the ACW.
Oh wow, I didn't even know. To bad my phone is Android. Actually it's probably just as well. That's the type of thing that would get me in trouble at work lol
Last edited by DarkRob on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

What's the latest version meant to be, I've still got V.101 & has the latest patch fixed the cavalry problem?
Leicestershire
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

What's the latest version meant to be, I've still got V.101 & has the latest patch fixed the cavalry problem?
I'm still on 101 to. Norb said they submitted the new patch to Matrix, but Matrix may be dragging their feet in releasing it.
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

I'm still on 101 to. Norb said they submitted the new patch to Matrix, but Matrix may be dragging their feet in releasing it.
I have the Steam version so maybe steam are dragging their feet in releasing it as well. I guess Norb are delaying the patch so they can fix the Cavalry problem but then again they haven't responded to the thread so maybe they are not bothered about the Cavalry problem. :angry:
Leicestershire