Chickamauga

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Chickamauga

Post by RebBugler »

I want to thank everyone who contributed to the making of Chickamauga....I was greatly entertain today playing CH-11. I love the map....the scripting was right on....

Anyways....I (Mr. Bragg) scored 11196 points.....with 6575 casualties while inflicting 11811 casualties. I LOST BIGTIME DIDN'T I!!!! Generally in a 4.5 hour game battle...I would expect some 500000 casualties...I was surprised to see the results which is more to my liking and realistic...Did something change?

Also....I'm not a big fan of the white flags after artillery capture. Is there a way to change that?

Once again...thank you.

the reb
Much Appreciated! :)

You definitely Generaled well by the look of those casualty numbers, I'm guessing some missed or lost objectives cost you a victory. Don't know about any changes to casualty attrition rates, probably due to the number of enemy troops TC'd, then gradually released when engaged.

Forget changing the surrender status, too many entries. I explained early on why capturing guns is out, you lose both the gun crew and gun in followup carryover scenarios. Another advantage of having artillery divisions is they get their own ammo wagon.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

The 2nd Three Bridges scenario is a gem. Just when you think you have it all sorted, something unexpected pops up! I nearly made it!

I nearly made some more new graphics too! ;)

The attachment bridge2.jpg is no longer available
David(jolly)
Attachments
bridge2.jpg
bridge2.jpg (283.1 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Actually, I did make some more - hi-res stuff, not for the faint hearted computer!

The attachment MoreChick.jpg is no longer available

But who knows. ;)
Attachments
MoreChick.jpg
MoreChick.jpg (367.7 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

That looks incredible. Its hard to accept this is SoW:GB.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Jolly - your last picture really does look great!

Have you ever thought about adding some under-growth and or broken limbs to the trees?

Adding anything extra to the trees doesn't change the tree size or cause any FPS loss that I have ever encountered.

Also - the same tree with different under-growth breaks up the forest area a bit.

The wooded area as pictured looks a little bit too clean.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I agree. I like the WL trees that have some long grasses at their base instead of the shadow graphic.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Thanks for the suggestions and input. They are certainly along the lines that I'm working on. :)

It's been great to come back to GB after working on Waterloo, especially this wonderful map.
Waterloo was a great learning curve for me regarding getting good balance in the terrain with all it encompases. I'm trying to do something similar here, with help of all the extremely talented people involved in pushing things to a new level. Been a long time!

David(jolly)
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Starting to get some nice things working in here ...

Getting 'the look' ;)

The attachment thelook.jpg is no longer available

David(jolly)
Attachments
thelook.jpg
thelook.jpg (289.78 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Your doing some great work here, David.

Many thanks.