Scourge of War Patch 1.4

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Herodotus
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War Patch 1.4

Post by Herodotus »

Thanks. I'll be doing that right about....now! B)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I even figured out the issue I was having on the sandbox screen. If you deactivate any mods before you exit the game, and activate them for use after start up, it resolves the "not found" issue in sandbox.
If the mod doesn't have a mscreen file assigned to it, it should be alright.

That is the only file that I have found to cause the Not Found error for the Sandbox Thing.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Nice job boys!

Downloaded 1.4 tonight without a hitch, purchased the Antietam game and everything installed smoothly. Then I was off to the west woods and cornfield for a few quick brigade scenarios. Awesome stuff, and all for $20.

Take a bow fellas.

Regards, CJ.

P.S. Hope someone is working on a union mod where McLellan falls off his horse on the night before the first day of the battle and then passes away.
Chris G.
Reactions:

Post by Chris G. »

I even figured out the issue I was having on the sandbox screen. If you deactivate any mods before you exit the game, and activate them for use after start up, it resolves the "not found" issue in sandbox.
If the mod doesn't have a mscreen file assigned to it, it should be alright.

That is the only file that I have found to cause the Not Found error for the Sandbox Thing.

davinci

Thanks for the tech check D.
Herodotus
Reactions:

Post by Herodotus »

We only have 1 version of the game. We cannot support anymore than 1 :) So the patch will work no matter where you bought it.
Downloaded the patch from here, however there is now a patch on Impulse that when downloaded wrecks the activation code.
The two patches are obviously incompatible.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Why do you say it wrecks the activation code? Nothing in the patch nor full installers touches any activation saved.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

forgive me gentlemen,a question from a luddite.
i have full game plus pipe creek installed.
i want antietam so i need the 1.4 patch above installed then purchase and install antietam,am i correct? cheers
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

forgive me gentlemen,a question from a luddite.
i have full game plus pipe creek installed.
i want antietam so i need the 1.4 patch above installed then purchase and install antietam,am i correct? cheers
Correct. You will need patch 1.4 or Antietam will not run correctly.
Khryses
Reactions:

Post by Khryses »

Antietam... fantastic battle, leapt at the chance to buy it.

Seemed to install okay, as did 1.4 - however no luck in getting it to load.

I can *see* the mods and have selected them, I can *see* the background in the main screen with Scourge of War: Gettysburg, Pipe Creek and Antietam.

I'm not getting an 'other battles button' though the Pipe Creek scenarios are showing in my 'user created scenarios' menu. No sign of Antietam battles of any description.

From what I can see I seem to be the only person having this problem - have tried reinstalling 1.4 and again it all seems okay, but no sign of the access to Antietam.

Any other thoughts, gentlemen?

Am about to try deselecting all the mods and seeing if this helps.
Khryses
Reactions:

Post by Khryses »

Scratch that last - it appears complaining is the charm with computer programs too (I hate retail).

By deselecting my mods and restarting the game, all appears good now - button and all.

Now to sink my teeth in what promises to be a lovely new array of scenarios!