Does anyone know of a GREAT World War 2 Flight Sim that is not IL2?

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Squid_UK
Reactions:

Re: Does anyone know of a GREAT World War 2 Flight Sim that is not IL2?

Post by Squid_UK »

Well to my mind CoD is still hideously broken despite the various patches.

What I would recommend most highly is actually a WW1 sim, Rise of Flight. Its the best combat flight sim out there, is still being developed and best of all its free to play!

Also the developers have secured the rights to update IL2 to ROF's standards this year!

http://riseofflight.com/en
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Well to my mind CoD is still hideously broken despite the various patches.

What I would recommend most highly is actually a WW1 sim, Rise of Flight. Its the best combat flight sim out there, is still being developed and best of all its free to play!

Also the developers have secured the rights to update IL2 to ROF's standards this year!

http://riseofflight.com/en
Hi Squid_UK, and thanks for the reply.

Quick Question here, does ROF have the ability for a full Dynamic Campaign, or is it just login, and fly around trying to kill other players? One more quicky here, Can ROF be played offline?

I heard the flight mechanics are very well done for ROF.

Cheers!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Here is something some may find interesting, and it's called "Uber Quick Mission Generator UQMG". The latest version (from what I understand) is IL2 1946 compatible.

"...writing your own [mission] might not be everybody's cup of vodka. This is where Demian Souza's Uber Quick Mission Builder comes to the rescue. It's not a campaign generator, but you can use it to quickly generate brillant missions for Forgotten Battles. We're having a lot of fun with it and we're sure you will too."
- PC Pilot Magazine

Upgrade for New UQMG for FB+AEP+FB is Available for Download. This version still keeps UQMG to version 5.0.44, but adds more features to allow use of the latest AAA community aircraft MODS. Main updates are highlighted below:

Supports new AAA Modded Aircraft
99% existing planes now flyable
74 new MOD aircraft
1 new composite flight (Mistel: Bf-109F-4+Ju-88 Warhead)
Get it at the UQMG DOWNLOAD PAGE.

WARNING: DO NOT install the upgrade below before FIRST installing the full version ABOVE AND going through the entire setup AND running UQMG AND actually generating and playing AT LEAST one UQMG generated mission in FB+AEP+PF.

Upgrade for UQMG for FB+AEP+PF+46+AAA (9.2M) (Upgrade 0017, version 5.0.44) {-- Install this second (2)

Attention: You can only install this upgrade over UQMG 5.0.32 Full Release for FB+AEP+PF

Read the installation README file in THIS LINK before you download and install it, then download file below from link below.

New features are described in the README above.

DOWNLOAD Upgrade

Summary: Add ability to use new MOD aircraft from All Aircraft Arcade (www.allaircraftarcade.com), which include flyable version of 99% of all aircraft in the stock version of IL-2 1946, and 75 new aircraft.

Main Website: http://www.uberdemon.sushicereal.com/index2.html
Main Forum: http://www.airwarfare.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=25
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squid_UK
Reactions:

Post by Squid_UK »

Quick Question here, does ROF have the ability for a full Dynamic Campaign, or is it just login, and fly around trying to kill other players? One more quicky here, Can ROF be played offline?

I heard the flight mechanics are very well done for ROF.
It certainly does have a full Dynamic Campaign, and you can fly the entire war in various roles. Also there is a third party Campaign Generator that is very well done.

ROF can be played offline, but to play the inherent campaign you do need a connection to the internet. That said the third party campaign doesnt have this requirement.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Thanks Squid_UK, I'll eventually get around to trying it out. :)
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

@Squid_UK: I installed ROF, and have found that the offline campaign generator works as advertised, you just have to make sure that you choose in the settings which aeroplanes you have purchased which in the demo version I only noticed the SPAD was active.

Thanks for the replies Squid_UK.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Here is a small video I made for the random campaign generator for offline demo mode for Rise of Flight.

Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

New hope for Cliffs of Dover fans:

Team Fusion video detailing our current progress for the first patch we will release
Hello one and all. Almost made it on time...at-least we got it out on Friday ;)

Below is a link to a a video by Team Fusion detailing the major updates intended to be in our first Patch release for the Simulation Cliffs of Dover.

We, like you, are Flight Simulation enthusiasts and are steadily, methodically and with dedication, working away to improve and eradicate the remaining bugs that have hindered the software since it's release.

We are not an official body supported by funding, just passionate individuals gathered together in unison to make sure one of the best simulation of WW2 flying combat, gets the attention and kudos it ultimately deserves.

Over the previous months, we have gathered talent, effectively from across the world, and made huge progress in nurturing the Software as-well as understanding some of the much more complicated issues that have caused some to shy away from this awesome Simulation.

Please note that we will do our very best to answer questions, but there will be times that you may hear nothing. This isn't to 'hide' anything or avoid your specific points, it may just be that we really can't answer the questions and we will do our best to indicate this. Please remember, we are a group of enthusiasts, not paid or looked after by anyone, so all our work is free and done in our spare time.....for you!

The video can be viewed here, and please feel free to share the link or embed the video wherever you find appropriate.

In the video linked below you will see just some examples of the progress that has been made and yet it really is (as we are discovering) just the tip of the Iceberg as we probe deeper and learn so much more!

With that in mind, please enjoy the following presentation and we look forward to hearing your thoughts on our progress.

Cheers, Team Fusion

http://vimeo.com/60197559#at=0