More MP Progress

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Re:More MP Progress

Post by BOSTON »

Hope to be reading it soon.
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
dragoon47
Reactions:

Post by dragoon47 »

Any progress on getting that AAR to show up? I need to learn how JC beat you because I need more attacking skillz :laugh: !
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My advice is to look out and be sure there isn't a guy with a rifle aimed at the bees nest. He'll cause more trouble than JC and his less-than-frightening Rebel troops.
Hancock the Superb
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

Here is the AAR guys. I am sure it will eventually get onto the front page too!!

This battle was fought using a fictitious OOB.

It was a balmy evening, as most July nights are in Pennsylvania, and we glazed across the field at our foes. Maj. Gen. A.P. Hill(JC) had his men up in battle line ready to engage and Brig. Gen. Thomas Huger(estabu) and Col. Archibold Huger(LP) were commanding the Union forces. Estabu held the left of the line and LP held the right side. Their men were positioned at the base of Culp's Hill and they began marching their forces towards the Rebs. They decided to try a pincer movement and began to move wide around the flanks of JC.

JC, analyzing what was about to happen, decided to move his forces up and moved to attack Col. Huger. JC, using Brig. Gen. S McGown's troops, moved at the double quick and engaged LP troops while estabu was moving his troops back to shore up the left flank of LP. Some of LP';s troops heard the dinner bell and decided it was time to scram and left a few holes in the Union line. Estabu's troops got late to the party after a brief skirmish began to fall back. JC was around the Union right flank and this forced estabu and LP's remaining troops to fall back onto Culp's Hill.

LP and estabu were able to rally 7 out of their 10 regiments for the defense of Culp's Hill. The Union held a strong line along the entrenchments of Culp's Hill and was ready to give JC a piece of Union steel. JC began advancing and was again trying to move around the right flank. A sharp engagement began, but wouldn't you know it that dang Union dinner bell rang again, and the Union boys decided it was better to eat then stand and fight the Rebs. JC proceeded to roll up and over Culp's Hill capturing a Union battery and forcing all the Union forces to evacuate Culp's Hill.

It was a rough day for the Union Army fighting prowess, but a good day for stew and apple pie. :laugh: :)
Last edited by estabu2 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

What was the grade rating for the Union troops and commander? Sounds like green and mediocer. JC's troops sound like they had a better grade quality or was all grades being equal for both sides and JC kicked your ass?

Was there a noticeable benifit while entrenched?

Was the scenario played more than once trying different tactics?

Hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Gfran64
Reactions:

Post by Gfran64 »

estabu2 wrote:
Here is the AAR guys.

LP and estabu were able to rally 7 out of their 10 regiments for the defense of Culp's Hill. The Union held a strong line along the entrenchments of Culp's Hill and was ready to give JC a piece of Union steel.
Did I read this correctly, there are "entrenchments" along Culp's Hill. How did they get there? Did they come with the map or did your men put them there?

Regards,

GregB)
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Jim wrote about that in the "entrenchment thread".
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

hoistingman4 wrote:
What was the grade rating for the Union troops and commander? Sounds like green and mediocer. JC's troops sound like they had a better grade quality or was all grades being equal for both sides and JC kicked your ass?
I don't think it had anything to do with the grade rating. The rebs are MUCH stronger than the yanks right now, but the balance will be adjusted by the time the game is out.
Was there a noticeable benifit while entrenched?
I'll have to pay more attention to that next time we test. At that point in the game, I was too busy wondering why my troops were scared out of their minds.. :laugh:
Was the scenario played more than once trying different tactics?
Actually this was the only three player battle we did that night. I think we are going to test again tonight, and I'll ask Norb if he wants us to post another AAR.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

By all means post again.
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

I should add; "Hold the beans, give em' the bayonet!" better luck next time.:laugh:
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston