Napoleonic Wars mod

Haigg
Reactions:

Re: Napoleonic Wars mod

Post by Haigg »

Hi All,

I found the Wagram mod download link the other day on the forum and considered pulling the trigger on it. But, realized that I patched SOW to version 1.4 when I purchased the Antietam map pack. As I understand it, Wagram wants to see version 1.3.

If I go back to 1.3 then I will not be able to activate Antietam-as I understand it. Is there a simple way around this like having two version of SOW on my computer, a 1.3 for Wagram and a 1.4 for the SOW, Antietam, Pipe Creek?

Or should I just wait patiently for the Wagram update to 1.4. I am itching to play Wagram as I have not played any mods based on this engine since Rebels and Redcoats-Take Command 2.

Thanks.

Haigg
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Haigg,

It just occured to me I haven't tried the Nap Mod since the 1.4 Patch came out. I'd wait if you can. Gunship says the update will be out soon. In the meantime, I'm going to try and screw things up on my Comp by getting the original Nap Mod to work with 1.4.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Haigg,

It just occured to me I haven't tried the Nap Mod since the 1.4 Patch came out. I'd wait if you can. Gunship says the update will be out soon. In the meantime, I'm going to try and screw things up on my Comp by getting the original Nap Mod to work with 1.4.

Jack B)
Howdy do Sir Jack. :)

It works, you do need to have the Sandbox Menu fix. You can get that froooooommmmmmm ..... Heeeeerrrrrreeeee.....

Link: http://www.justallinone.com/index.php?o ... =22&cid=66

Ya won't know what hit ya until you step in it. :)
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

The 1.4 version updates the graphics to the packed version and ties up some bugs. I will upload that by the weekend. There isnt that much changed as game play goes since i spent must the time converting the graphics over, but there are some improvements.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

So are you going to use the mediafire, or do you have a FTP account?
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

The attachment sowgb-20120126-114658-tiltshift.jpg is no longer available
The attachment sowgb-20120126-120443-tiltshift_2.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
sowgb-20120126-120443-tiltshift_2.jpg
sowgb-20120126-120443-tiltshift_2.jpg (80.79 KiB) Viewed 227 times
sowgb-20120126-114658-tiltshift.jpg
sowgb-20120126-114658-tiltshift.jpg (72.44 KiB) Viewed 227 times
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Mike,

Roger that. I have that installed.

Next - ARE YOU KIDDING? Wow! I saw the pics and thought, "hmmm...someone posted some pics of some painted figures." NO, they're in game shots. Cool!

Jack B)

Haigg,

Do you copy Michael's reply about the Sandbox fix to run the Nap Mod?
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

what jack said. i thought they were wargames figures too! those are ingame?thats fantastic.
i cant wait for this mod! cheers
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

haaa, it's called tilt shifting.

Take any photograph, and turn it into miniatures...

Here is the link to do this: http://tiltshiftmaker.com/

I know that there is software out there but it's pretty much crap, so I use this website.

Happy you like it. :)
Haigg
Reactions:

Post by Haigg »

Hi Jack,

Thanks for posting the response and thanks to Michael for posting the sandbox menu fix link.

Next: Holy !@#$, I thought those screen cuts were images of hand-painted tabletop miniatures. It took a few seconds for may brain to register that these are in-game sprites. I wanted to reach into the screen and pick up the artillery train. I do not remember getting that kind of 3-dimensional effect from SOW.

And, real Gribeauval system eight pounder with accurate carriages. Or, since Wagram was fought in 1809 are they Year XI six pounders? Whatever they are I am ecstatic over the quality of this mod in terms of appearance even if it does not tweak game play much.

Gunship, I will pony up a $50.00 contribution if you will do skins for armies at Eylau! And, get snow onto the Gettysburg maps..... :lol: I have not been this excited about a Napoleonic era game since John Tiller put out Battleground 3 Waterloo.

Haigg