Favorite Brigade to Use?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Jim
Reactions:

Re:Favorite Brigade to Use?

Post by Jim »

JReynolds wrote:
It would be even more fun if you online opponents could see what user they were fighting. As you gain more victories...it would be quite fun if you saw Chonaman commanding the troops in front of you...I would be shaking in my boots!
This capability is in game.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

The brigade would be, without a doubt, Solomon Meredith's Iron Brigade.

At the divisional level, I have an affinity for John Buford's boys. I remain convinced that his eye for the terrain at Gettysburg and perseverance in holding out for reinforcements allowed the Union to seize and control the critical high ground that won them the battle.

For the Confederates, I'd take Kershaw's brigade in a heartbeat, and Hood's division.

Steve
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864
Shaggy46
Reactions:

Post by Shaggy46 »

For me I would have to say the 2nd Brigade 2nd Division 1st Corps (Which was under the Command of MAJOR GEN. JOHN F. REYNOLDS
Private Shane Palmer
11th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
Company K
14GA
Reactions:

Post by 14GA »

Confederate side - Wright's GA Brigade - what if...they had received support after they pierced the union center on July 2? Maybe I'll find out soon :)

Federal side - whatever brigade the 1st MN was in
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Post by Colonel Dreux »

I'll help you exploit that break. I could play Carnot Posey's Mississippi brigade that never really got in on the attack. Posey was born and raised a state line and county north of me, as were Harry T. Hays and Jefferson F. Davis (raised at least).
Last edited by Colonel Dreux on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14GA
Reactions:

Post by 14GA »

You got a deal. I can understand Posey's situation with the Bliss Farm and providing limited support but it was Mahone that should have brought his brigade up to lend a hand.
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Post by Colonel Dreux »

You're right. I knew Posey's Brigade wasn't the only one. I just knew he was nearby and never got into it. I need to finish reading Pfanz's book. I left off with McLaws' attack.
kentuck1163
Reactions:

Post by kentuck1163 »

Have to say Chamberlain's. Too bad I can't say the 17h Kentucky Regiment Infantry (US) -- but they were at Vicksburg... [-)
DrMike1997
Reactions:

Post by DrMike1997 »

Hey do we got anther Kentuckian who wheres the Blue?
UglyElmo
Reactions:

Post by UglyElmo »

My family was split. My father's side was Union and my mother's Confederate. So I can go with either side. :)

Kind of like whether someone in Kentucky cheers for the University of Louisville, or the University of Kentucky. Anyone from here, understands how important that decision is. :laugh: Myself: I grew up a UofK fan, but graduated from UofL. My loyalties lie with both, except when they play each other. Then I decide who to cheer for by which players personalities and playstyle I like the best.
For any prior or future Ugly's out there, my contact info:
el-marko1@insightbb.com