WISHLIST - American Civil War

Amish John
Reactions:

Re:WISHLIST - American Civil War

Post by Amish John »

Wouldn't that be kind of counter to the term \"real time\"? Of course no one would force you to use it so it would be up to the player to decide if they would play as \"real time\" or \"semi real time\". Maybe it could be available in open play and not available in stock scenarios. Just throwing out ideas.

I assume Norb has carried over all the multitude of wish list items from TC2M. Once NSD makes \"THE ANNOUNCEMENT\" about the first game, maybe we can pick his brain about what wish list items have a good chance of getting into the game.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

Amish John:
I like that one.

Wheeler
Ummm Real time :laugh:
I't a matter of anticipation.

That one would be on the easy level.

I personally want everything Grognard.
Mark S. Tewes
Mark
Reactions:

Post by Mark »

Hey all, same Mark from MMG. (dont know if thats good news or bad :)).

The main thing I would like to see is CHAOS. The battles in TC2 are still too ordered, to mechanical. I want to feel like I am in combat. I want to see the line shiver when thereis a volley, disorganization, wounded men falling back, stragglers, men running away BEFORE the entire unit runs.

I want to see discarded equipment and arms, blown up trees, destroyed farm houses. Better sound.

SMOKE, lots of it, realistically done.

Units need to interact with the environment more.

Lastly, something like fatigue is great but instead of the way its done in TC2 it should be done differently in think. You should be able to double quick as long as you want, the catch is, the longer you go the more stragglers you spill in you wake (like robert E lee civil war general). Those same things can be used for combat, the more vicious the combat, the more men have had \"enough\" before the entire unit breaks.

Unit quality could monitor this or something.

These are just Ideas and wishes I hope you gentlemen do a wonderful job.
Last edited by Mark on Sat May 03, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

Mark, Mark.... Ah yes, Likes to command at army level... (So do I) But I want to see only what I personally can see from my saddle. Receive and send orders., etc.
Chaos... is war, War is Chaos.

I like your ideas.

I am there because TC2M is the very sweet present, I am here because this is the Future. \"I have seen the light...\" ooops wrong quote.

I would hope all your ideas come to pass, but imagine, Its hard now to line up all those \"new recruit\" sprites and keep them in line! And now you want stragglers? :)

Time will tell.
Mark S. Tewes
122nd Ohio
Reactions:

Post by 122nd Ohio »

MarkT wrote:
Multi-player hmmm it doesn't work from home either

Anyway... Map creaton has to be easier...
historical maps... fine, But when you go into a strategic encounter 30 miles from nowhere, you got to have a map.

So, now that we know this is a problem, how do you solve. You cant create maps on the fly with this system...

For example, how about creating:
10 3d maps with no features just elevations
10 road/building layouts that fit elevation
10 field layouts that fit elevatios
A 100% wooded map that can be randomely toggled to \"miss roads/fields/buildings ect.
Basically you can toggle trees now, do it for map generation. once a map is generated, it can be saved as a specific location on the strategic grid...

Of course you can make specific maps of river crossings / passes etc.

But basically, have more features controled by the game and not fixed into a near impossible amount of hours of mapmaking.
Mark,

I've done a little thinking about this for TC2M, though I don't know if this new game will use the same map file system.
Several heightmaps ranging from almost flat to very hilly, each with its own matching set of creeks and/or rivers.
Several \"ground cover\" sets, with different woods, fields, open areas, etc, ranging from mostly woods to mostly open.
Several road sets that could be used singly or in combination.
Several object sets, with buildings and fences placed where they would fit in no matter what ground cover and road sets were used.
Basically, any combination of these could be used to create a generic, but fully-functional and tactically-useful map.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Amish John wrote:
Wouldn't that be kind of counter to the term \"real time\"? Of course no one would force you to use it so it would be up to the player to decide if they would play as \"real time\" or \"semi real time\". Maybe it could be available in open play and not available in stock scenarios. Just throwing out ideas.

I assume Norb has carried over all the multitude of wish list items from TC2M. Once NSD makes \"THE ANNOUNCEMENT\" about the first game, maybe we can pick his brain about what wish list items have a good chance of getting into the game.
You are correct in your assumption. ADukes has been acting as our community rep, because I feel that he is most in touch with the community. So he has searched the boards and created a list of most wanted items. Then it's up to Jim as Lead Designer to decide which ones make it into this version of the game. It is my hope that everything gets into the engine, it's just a matter of when.
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

That would be very interesting
Mark S. Tewes
Rebel Yell
Reactions:

Post by Rebel Yell »

i want to see more realism in the look of the game and - other than the flags - the screenshots seem to show you are getting there big time! I want to feel like i am going back in time. I really like seeing the regiment come on line by companies and that you have the correct four columns as oppose to three in TC2M. Other than this, i would like to see brigade and division commands be able to be played with multi players online. And finally, i would like to see some walking wounded heading to the rear or moving on the ground. i would like to see an easy scenario creater and finally a committment to keep improving the realism of the game over time (like Call of Duty) - both playing and visually over time. I would even subscribe to the game on a yearly basis if i know that future improvements will come with my yearly subscription and with advances in technology. On a subscription basis, this game can just keep getting better and more realistic year after year once it is published.

PS

I like the way you are letting those who help out share in the profits. In this way the game can really be owned by the community who enjoys it. Well done and i will follow your developments with intense anticipation for the release of your new game!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

I agree with all of the previous posts !!!

:cheer: :cheer:

Whatever you guys add from this list would be awesome !!!!

Maybe as time goes on, they could be included as add-ons as they are developed....

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

more effective artilleri, right now ranged ammo,. like shell, ball and shrapnel is useless in TC, if artilleri realy was that useless nobody would bother taking them to a battle.

more death animations, mabye solders getting thrown though the air when a shell explodes.

probebly more to come