Want to create your own maps?

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Want to create your own maps?

Post by Little Powell »

Hello. Thanks for your interest. I have replied to your email.
gazfun202
Reactions:

Post by gazfun202 »

any further word on this map making team?
Have fun above all else
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

any further word on this map making team?
Hi gazfun202, please see my update on the first post:
We plan to release the map editing tools to the public at some point. So if you are interested in making maps, please be patient as we work to get the tools ready.
Last edited by Little Powell on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike1984
Reactions:

Post by mike1984 »

I'm really interested in adding fences to the full Gettysburg map. Since that map is already created/done, I can start the process without needing the map editing tools you're planning on releasing, no?

Thanks very much.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I'm really interested in adding fences to the full Gettysburg map. Since that map is already created/done, I can start the process without needing the map editing tools you're planning on releasing, no?

Thanks very much.
You would need the map tools to do this since the fences are 3D objects. Anything that requires editing objects (fences, buildings, etc.) need the map utility.
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Post by Jacquinot »

Hello!
I want to be a member of Map edit team, I have experience of modding in Histwar and CMBN.
My main goal is creating Borodino map, my favorite battle, I did this job for Histwar and I want do this trick again in SOW, but SOW don't have map editor and I think this will be a hard job.
Last edited by Jacquinot on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1ongstreet
Reactions:

Post by 1ongstreet »

Hey I'm not sure who to address the request to but I'd really like to give the map tools a try if that's still a possibility. Specifically I'd like to edit some of the current maps and add breastworks/redoubts, for example on the Cold Harbor map I would like to try and recreate the breastworks that existed in June 1864.(maybe there is already a version of it out there that I'm unaware of?) Also I might try to create some fortifications and maps of my own once i figure it all out. I've tried messing around in photoshop with some of the maps, so I'm semi-aware of how the grey-scaling works already, thanks in advance.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

You can add breastworks now. All you have to do is get the breastworks greyscale value from Culps Hill, add the breastworks sprite to the map .csv file and you can then lay breastworks wherever you want them. Our group frequently does this to make redoubts for our Napoleonic games.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Rico2016
Reactions:

Post by Rico2016 »

UPDATE 9/2/15 - We plan to release the map editing tools to the public at some point. So if you are interested in making maps, please be patient as we work to get the tools ready.

Did the map editing tool release ever happen? Seems like this thread kind of died out
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

We still plan to release the map tools, we just aren't sure when. The last time it was brought up, we discussed releasing them after all of the DLC was completed for Waterloo.