Expanded Toolbar - Grog

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog

Post by DarkRob »

By my observations I would say less effective because it takes longer to get the bulk of their troops into the melee. This goes with Rob's observations that the Column by Divisions default formation (closed row intervals) has more "Hit" impact when charging headlong into an enemy line. IOW, this more compact formation delivers more men at once to a targeted (charged at) enemy unit.
This makes the most sense to me. Also, learning that the open order formation moves faster and will take fewer casualties from artillery on the approach is very useful, and makes sense as well. The more dispersed the formation, the less destructive artillery is against it. Gives me a reason to start using the open order formation as well now. As always Reb, you're the man.
Camrik
Reactions:

Post by Camrik »

A stumbled on a new problem, very technical in nature, maybe you guys can help me: I cannot even select the Eagles Triumph scenario (battle of Ligny), it makes the game crash. I can select and play any of the other scenarios, even the bigger ones (Waterloo and the Battle of Ligny army scenario on the allied side).

Any idea?
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

A stumbled on a new problem, very technical in nature, maybe you guys can help me: I cannot even select the Eagles Triumph scenario (battle of Ligny), it makes the game crash. I can select and play any of the other scenarios, even the bigger ones (Waterloo and the Battle of Ligny army scenario on the allied side).

Any idea?
If this were a year ago I would have said you were trying to play through the Waterloo battles tab, which made the game crash. But that tab was eliminated from the grog toolbar mod a long time ago.

Now I don't know what could cause that, especially if you're saying all the other scenarios work fine.

Reb is going by to have to chime in on this one.

Are you using any other mods besides the grog toolbar?
Last edited by DarkRob on Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camrik
Reactions:

Post by Camrik »

I found the problem and it might interest you Reb. It is the french version of the scenario that is bugged. When I switch to english, I can select and play the scenario without any problem.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I found the problem and it might interest you Reb. It is the french version of the scenario that is bugged. When I switch to english, I can select and play the scenario without any problem.
I loaded the French language version with no issues. Please load the French language version again and after it crashes attach or copy the sowwl.log file here, it's located in the 'Documents/sowwl' folder. Thanks for reporting this.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Camrik
Reactions:

Post by Camrik »

Hello Reb,

I cant even select it in game. As soon as I click on it, the game crashes, so I dont think it even loads. You still think that the file will be useful?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hello Reb,

I cant even select it in game. As soon as I click on it, the game crashes, so I dont think it even loads. You still think that the file will be useful?
Yes, it still can tell us something. Since it didn't load anything it'll be short, just copy paste it here.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Biondo
Reactions:

Post by Biondo »

Hi, check here if this solves your problem

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4173971

Cheers
Camrik
Reactions:

Post by Camrik »

Hi, check here if this solves your problem

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4173971

Cheers
Your link doesn't work.
Camrik
Reactions:

Post by Camrik »

I loaded the French language version with no issues. Please load the French language version again and after it crashes attach or copy the sowwl.log file here, it's located in the 'Documents/sowwl' folder. Thanks for reporting this.
Here is the copy of the sowwl.log file Reb.

Game Launched
09:29:40 Version:SOWWL
09:29:40 Reading Key: SOFTWARE\NorbSoftDev\SOWWL
09:29:51 Mod: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO\Mods\Expanded Toolbar VIII - Grog
09:29:51 Ansi:16, TexH:16384, TexW:16384
09:29:51 SowWL Loaded
09:29:51 09:29:51