Bugles & Flags XIX

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

Re: Bugles and Flags v09

Post by Damned Black Hat »

Removing them from the main Bugles folder, then putting them in a new folder inside the Mods folder. Then you can activate/deactivate the aspects you want.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I have downloaded the mod but not tried it yet. But if it is like other mods the steps are:

Unzip the downloaded archive and put the result folder into the mods folder. Then, ingame, mark it with the little yellow square and that´s it!. Working and usable. If you hate it unmark the mod and voilá!

The Mod system of this game is amazing and easy.

---------------

The next step would be, depending the nature of the mod, change the mods in real time, this is, when the battle is running :evil:.
Thanks Sir, that about does it. One additional thing, this is 7-Zipped so you need the 7Zip app, available free online.

Thanks for helping out all you guys, the mod system is so easy I forget it still needs to be explained from time to time, cuz nubees keep on a commin' :)

As far as separate mods within, I do separate the toolbar out sans Bugle Calls and some other differences, and call it the MP Toolbar...it's not ready yet, soon, announced in the MP section.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

Then, Now I understand the problem about installing the mod. Maybe 7zip is not too familiar as rar or zip and if the user does not have 7zip installed it appears as a unknown archive.

I have it installed so I had not paid attention to the detail.

Greetings.
Last edited by Gudadantza on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

No, I'm not having any trouble with the file types or how to install mods, I was just asking about separating these out as I'm really interested in the toolbar and flags, but nothing else, no music, no sounds, etc. My set up is okay as regards these features, I just wanted to use the flags and toolbar from this mod.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

No, I'm not having any trouble with the file types or how to install mods, I was just asking about separating these out as I'm really interested in the toolbar and flags, but nothing else, no music, no sounds, etc. My set up is okay as regards these features, I just wanted to use the flags and toolbar from this mod.
Easy fix to mute Bugle Calls and Marching Music...Try this:

The attachment sfx.csv is no longer available
Mods/Bugles and Flags v09/Logistics/sfx.csv

Replace, overwrite sfx.csv
Attachments

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Reb thank you so much for the new mod, Could we have a division flag having a hard time sometimes
to find the Division commander, he just has a red flag, could we have the battle flag on a white back ground flag :)

Braxton Bragg
There will always be a counter argument!
Mike_Munday
Reactions:

Post by Mike_Munday »

Is it possible to use the flags in the standard scenarios?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Is it possible to use the flags in the standard scenarios?
There's a mod, but I can't find it. It's just a matter of renaming the stocks and placing them in a mod. However, scoring won't count toward the Generals' Stars.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Reb thank you so much for the new mod, Could we have a division flag having a hard time sometimes
to find the Division commander, he just has a red flag, could we have the battle flag on a white back ground flag :)

Braxton Bragg
Thought the division flags were unique enough, large and single, brigade officers having double flags. You want the Stainless for division level?
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Hi Reb, this the one I meant, you can see your Division Commanders quickly :)

Last edited by Braxton Bragg on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
There will always be a counter argument!