Bugles & Flags XIX

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Re: Bugles and Flags v09

Post by 2nd Texas Infantry »

His flags look good to me......I can spot my commanders, in terrible weather too! Take a look...
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Well I must have a corrupt download then! now I know where General Early is but do you!

There will always be a counter argument!
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Well I must have a corrupt download then! now I know where General Early is but do you!

He is the one on a horse right? He is probably swearing and chewing tobacco right? He might be near the supply wagon. He could be giving orders to a courier or Genl. Gordon? I don't know Bragg? I can hardly make out anything from that far away pic. Place it in the same context as 122nd Ohio's TC2M map and I could point him out! Don't ask me with that 1 mile away photo when I am as drunk as Benjamin F. Cheatham before a battle! Your TC2M map pic was right on top of the command staff...
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Well what im saying is when playing as Corps commander I need to be able to see my Div Generals pretty quickly not got time to scour about trying to find them :woohoo:

2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

I know what you mean! You are from the old game. Just open up the OOB with Garnier's editor, notepad, or excell and add a specific flag for Corps, Div, and Brigade commanders. If you cant do it PM me a list of OOB's you want that to be clarified on and I will do it for you tomorrow or the next day. If you send me 4 - 7 I can send em to you in a couple of days. Any more than that, you are on your own!
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

2nd Texas, what I would like is to make all my Div commanders with the white back ground flag with the Stars and Bars in the left hand top corner, like in TCM2?

That way I can pan out the camera and see who is where, cant be arsed with Couriers not got time for fancy playin, I gota get in to the action kill as many blue bellies as i can ( always makes me fell better you see ).
Thank you for your help :)

Braxton ( cant see me flag ) Bragg :P
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

2nd Texas, what I would like is to make all my Div commanders with the white back ground flag with the Stars and Bars in the left hand top corner, like in TCM2?

That way I can pan out the camera and see who is where, cant be arsed with Couriers not got time for fancy playin, I gota get in to the action kill as many blue bellies as i can ( always makes me fell better you see ).

That is the 2nd National Flag. I can do that for you, but what OOB's do you want that on. I am not going to do all of them for you. List out 4 to 7, afterthat, you should try your hand at modding the OOB's on your own. Its hard at first but rewarding! Patience and practice, trial and error. Just PM me or list them on this link.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

His flags look good to me......I can spot my commanders, in terrible weather too! Take a look...
These are awesome images, leafless trees... it even looks like snow on the ground. Is this a mod?
Last edited by Saddletank on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

2nd Texas you have a PM Sir! :)

Braxton Bragg
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

That is the 2nd National Flag. I can do that for you, but what OOB's do you want that on. I am not going to do all of them for you. List out 4 to 7, afterthat, you should try your hand at modding the OOB's on your own. Its hard at first but rewarding! Patience and practice, trial and error. Just PM me or list them on this link.
Thanks Texas, ya don't necessarily have to edit the OOBs, just the gfx.csv...replace the division level flag ID info with the new flag. The 2nd National, Stainless, is not historic for Gettysburg, but was issued soon after.

Hood is the only division CO without that designated flag, cuz Hood was special...for us ArkyTexas folks.

Corps level uses the same flag, it's scaled higher and bigger...
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added more info
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...