Favorite Napoleonic battle?

remus
Reactions:

Re: Favorite Napoleonic battle?

Post by remus »

Hi all

Love everything about the Napoleonic era. Battles, troop types, uniforms diversity of nations. Got frustrated with playing the point and click type of game and not having the action and manouevering of what Sow and TC2M provides. Have learnt 3dsMax and have started to convert from NTW2. At present have the Austrian and Russian armies in TC2M only at the stand animation. This includes all the cavalry which the HM mod had only very basic. At the moment I am doing it for my on personal use and pleasure but when finished I will be seeking approval from the Lordz website and if they agree I will be, if I am able, to offer it to anyone interested in the Napoleonic era.

Remus
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Marengo! The nearest run thing that Napoleon faced until Waterloo. The French hanging on by their fingernails as the Austrian juggernaut stumbles around in the fog, trying to fully deploy. Desaix holding the line while Bonaparte feeds badly scattered reinforcements(including the Consular Guard) into the battle. Kellerman's desperate last-minute cavalry charge. A real nail-biter.

Regards, CJ.
2nd Kentucky
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Kentucky »

I have always found Austerlitz rather interesting for Napoleons strategy.

But the one I like to read about most is the whole Peninsular Campaign because it introduces my favorite Napoleonic force, the British.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."-John Wayne
Yankee Rebel
Reactions:

Post by Yankee Rebel »

The Battle of the Pyramids, Borodino and Leipzig are my 3 favorites.