Whats next, more battles or Campaign

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Whats next, more battles or Campaign

Post by Gunfreak »

Now While I would LOVE an AWI or Napoleonic version.

I think the biggest and best step would be to make a competely new campaign strategic engien, were you move armies on the map, move them by rail or by boat, build armies(the closest thing I can say would be AEGOD's Americna Civil war game, that is very close to what I have in minde.

And then when battles happen, we get to play them with the scourge of war battle engien
Silver Fox
Reactions:

Re:Whats next, more battles or Campaign

Post by Silver Fox »

Gunfreak wrote:

I think the biggest and best step would be to make a competely new campaign strategic engien, were you move armies on the map, move them by rail or by boat, build armies(the closest thing I can say would be AEGOD's Americna Civil war game, that is very close to what I have in minde.

And then when battles happen, we get to play them with the scourge of war battle engien

IMO, the beauty of this style of game is the fact it lends itself to more of a combat simulater than an out'n'out strategic game, just thinking about how the great Total War series started with Shogun and IMO peaking with Rome and then what we have now in Empire and Napoleon....for me, far more involved in strategy than ever in just warfare, just slightly lost the plot a little.
Rustem35
Reactions:

Post by Rustem35 »

ah Napoleonic version would be great !
mykul4michael
Reactions:

Post by mykul4michael »

Gunfreak wrote:

Now that's the game I've been dreaming about for a lot of years!! However is there an existing system that would be able to run it? I can only hope that I see a game like that before I die!
A riot is an ugly thing.... And it is just about time zat ve had one!
Lees Warhorse
Reactions:

Post by Lees Warhorse »

Gunfreak wrote:

Ive had the exact same thoughts too. I even posted it in another thread somewhere. It would be awesome to move armies and supplies around by rail or water like AGEOD's and then use the SOW war engine...this is also coming from a guy who isnt real pc savy so its easy to wish for ha. But it would be the perfect game.
"No 15,000 men ever made can take that ridge." Lt. General James Longstreet
July 3, 1863
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I asked Norb in a much earlier post about SOWgb being able to accept command lines to start a map without having to start the game...the answer was no it can't (not at this time). What your talking about is having a frontend program that would take care of all the things you mentioned above, then once a battle is to take place, the program would compile the information, and pass it off to SOWgb.

This is very much like an addon for FS9, and FSX flight sim called "Air Hauler". This is one excellent frontend program that does everything to run a cargo company, then it passes the needed information to the flight sim to fly, and when you finish flying, it take the information from the sim, and imports it back into the frontend program.

Just a thought.