Knock, knock....anybody home?

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Beagler
Reactions:

Knock, knock....anybody home?

Post by Beagler »

Hey Norb, I like the new digs!
Tell General Ector that, by God, I am here and will take care of his left flank as well as his right!

- Brig. General Nathan Bedford Forrest
Battle of Chickamauga
JohnD
Reactions:

Re:Knock, knock....anybody home?

Post by JohnD »

Well...look what the dog dragged in... B)
John
Beagler
Reactions:

Post by Beagler »

Hello Wrangler. What kind of gaming goodness are you guys cooking up for us? I am stoked about the idea of bigger maps with the new engine.
Last edited by Beagler on Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tell General Ector that, by God, I am here and will take care of his left flank as well as his right!

Battle of Chickamauga
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Glad you like! We've been going over and over what kind of site we should have and finally I just made a decision because we couldn't come to an agreement. I think it was more of lack of information than anything else that hindered our decision. So I figured I better school these grogs on Portals and install one to show them how it could help build a community. John is going hog wild over all the features and we hope to get much of the MMG crowd to join us over here.

Maps size will be settable, no doubt. We are going with splats this time, if that means anything to you. To us it means we can have larger maps because they take up less memory.

PR is offering up full source of the engine for $100, so we jumped on board. Our plans are to keep what was good, make some things better, and add more features that people want. With MMG projects, I had to run the show, here John runs the show which leaves me more time to code with less pressure of making sure everyone else does their jobs.
Beagler
Reactions:

Post by Beagler »

You need someone to herd the cats, and I think John will do an excellent job of that. He is a wrangler after all:P

Splats means nothing to me, less memory and bigger maps sounds great to me. Are you making significant changes to the scenario scripting
Last edited by Beagler on Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle of Chickamauga
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I plan on making the new engine as compatible with the old as possible. My current plans use a csv style interface as I did at MMG. Nothing will be exactly the same as we are starting over and hope to improve on things, but the concepts will be the same. Since I designed the entire modding interface and I haven't changed that much, I expect that I'll do things similar to what has worked in the past. Working with John, who knows the csv files better than anyone, even me, I expect that he'll have some requests. I know that the rest of the team has logged in some requests, so there will be improvements.
JohnD
Reactions:

Post by JohnD »

Beagler wrote:
What kind of gaming goodness are you guys cooking up for us?
It's bigger than a bread box and involves many of The Usual Suspects. Other than that...mums-the-word-super-secret-double-oh-seven-etc...

How are them doggies doin'? You still at the same email?

v/r

John
John
Beagler
Reactions:

Post by Beagler »

The pack is doing great. My job kind of stinks, but the pay is great, so what is a person to do. One good thing is that it is not too demanding, leaving me with plenty of free time to persue other interests. I guess as long as the roof doesn't leak and the larder is full, I've got nothing to compain about. You can still reach this old hound at the same email address.

Battle of Chickamauga
RebYank
Reactions:

Post by RebYank »

Howdy folks, you might remember me... ;)

I'm likin' the site Norb, good job!

I'm hoping to get involved again with MMG, as I've been gone for...man, I can't even remember how long its been.

Anyhoo, cya around!
-RebYank
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Thanks Reb, we're trying some different stuff so that the community can get more involved in the site. Hopefully we'll get some more MMG guys over here as for now this is where the new stuff is happening.