Multiplayer Observations

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Re:Multiplayer Observations

Post by Colonel Dreux »

Joshua l.Chamberlain wrote:
I cannot play a battle in MP. It says that my router is not talking.

I can go to the game lobby but I can't actaully play a match with anybody for some reason. I was able to start a match with some one but when we started playing we could not move any troops or do anything.

All in all I love the rest of the game and even if I can't get MP I will love the SP stuff.

Good job Norb. :)
Love the game too, but I also can't get in to or start a MP game. It doesn't initialize. I have to ctrl-alt each time and abort. An error box comes up (I can only hear it) and then I ctrl-alt and abort. Shows that router was found, etc...

Whatever advice can be given is appreciated. I'm a cute little 3 year old when it comes to computers. :)
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Hinkel wrote:
No, we had it on normal, didnt change the options.

BTW:
I have a qustion about realismus option.

We saw in MP, that there a couriers bringing every order from the division commander to the brigade commander. The problem is: When you engage the enemy and your regiments are very close to the enemy, you cant stop your own troops(regiments, you cant give fast orders. Every time, you need to wait that the couriers are back from the division commander. Thats very chaotic, especialy when you are realy close and want to stop your troops, but your troops moving right into the enemy because they didnt stop until the order from the division commander arrive.
Realism forces the couriers. You must get your officer within shouting distance if you don't want to send the courier. There is a distance where it won't be used, but if you just go and start clicking, you're going to start sending couriers.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Joshua l.Chamberlain wrote:
I cannot play a battle in MP. It says that my router is not talking.

I can go to the game lobby but I can't actaully play a match with anybody for some reason. I was able to start a match with some one but when we started playing we could not move any troops or do anything.

All in all I love the rest of the game and even if I can't get MP I will love the SP stuff.

Good job Norb. :)
I have never seen that bug. If you get in the game you should be able to play. I'm sure that it's something that can be figured out if you got that far.

The router message is only when you HOST or Create the room yourself. That means that it has to map a port from your router to your computer. But you can also follow our mp help instructions and do it manually.
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Post by Colonel Dreux »

I get a level not found error when trying to initialize MP.
Hinkel
Reactions:

Post by Hinkel »

norb wrote:
Hinkel wrote:
No, we had it on normal, didnt change the options.

BTW:
I have a qustion about realismus option.

We saw in MP, that there a couriers bringing every order from the division commander to the brigade commander. The problem is: When you engage the enemy and your regiments are very close to the enemy, you cant stop your own troops(regiments, you cant give fast orders. Every time, you need to wait that the couriers are back from the division commander. Thats very chaotic, especialy when you are realy close and want to stop your troops, but your troops moving right into the enemy because they didnt stop until the order from the division commander arrive.
Realism forces the couriers. You must get your officer within shouting distance if you don't want to send the courier. There is a distance where it won't be used, but if you just go and start clicking, you're going to start sending couriers.
Well Norb, I realy like this feature! It adds great athmosphere, but the problem is at the brigade level. Example: One of my regiments was moving to the position of an enemy 200 yards away. It comes very close, at least 140 yards and I tried to stop the regiment, but the regiment didnt stop and moved directly on the enemy position and charged it, did not shoot a single shot, because the curier with the stop order was far away, bringing the stop order from the division commander :D
RyanD2
Reactions:

Post by RyanD2 »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a problem on my end, but the game will automatically close itself when minimize it to the background... not a deal breaker by a long shot, just curious about it.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

RyanD2 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a problem on my end, but the game will automatically close itself when minimize it to the background... not a deal breaker by a long shot, just curious about it.
Yes, if you minimize the game (ex. pressing Ctrl E) it will close the game.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Post by Gfran64 »

Moved post.

Greg
Last edited by Gfran64 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

Please use the "Technical Help & Bug Post" forum for such reports.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Little Powell wrote:
RyanD2 wrote:
Yes, if you minimize the game (ex. pressing Ctrl E) it will close the game.
Ctrl-E (haven't tried it yet) should close the game, but that's not what is called minimizing. Alt-Tab is minimizing, and it's worked for me so far.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign