MP Troupble

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re:MP Troupble

Post by Chamberlain »

I am also having a problem getting setup as a Host.

I receive the message : "Level Not Found". I turned my Firewall off, no good. Within my Linksys Router, I set up the correct port to 31791 and Protocol to UDP.
Once I enter the Host Page, the Chat Box lists
<server> Port Sucessfully mapped 31791
Sorry if this is a double post. I originally posted this over 20 minutes ago, but it has not shown up yet in the Thread.

Guys,

When I select "Launch", a popup appears stating : "All players have not chosen an Officer". I click OK on the pop up box.
In the Players Box, it shows : JChamberlain(100) Select Screen.
Once I have clicked on the "Set Officers" button, the Players Box now shows : JChamberlain(100)<h
I click Launch, then go to the next screen, "Loading NetServ. Within a few seconds I hear a beep, exit out of that screen and that is where I see the "Level Not Found" "Abort", "Retry" or "Ignore". I have no option bu to Abort and try again.

Iunistalled and re-installed the Demo as I saw this in an earlier post, still cannot Host. The re-download was again, 272MB, though I read that it was closer to 300MB ?

I was able to join a multiplayer game successfully with GenJonReb, he did a number on, though it was fun !!! :) :)

Thanks

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

You have to select a scenario before you launch the match.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey ADukes,

:blush:

Look what I just found,does it look familiar, and can you guess who wrote this answer ? ;)

""Just click the "host" button and on the next page "create a scenario game" -> "set scenario" -> "launch game".""

I found your response in an earlier post about "Level Not Found", went into the "Host" page and once I clicked on "Create a scenario", it works !!!!

I totally overlooked that button everytime I went in the Host setup screen....

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks ADukes !!!

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Condor
Reactions:

Post by Condor »

I can't get the MP Host function to work. When I try to host a game, I receive the error "Could not map port 31791. Cannot talk to router. You will have to manually map your port to host games." I tried both Hosting from the lobby and Host using the connect directly to an IP address.

I set up a static IP address on my PC and Port Forwarding on the router port 31791 UDP to my PC. My router is Westell A90-21-0030-04.

The port forwarding appears to work correcty. I tested with PFPortChecker byPortforward.com and it says the port is OPEN after I make the changes to the router. If I undo the router changes, PFPortChecker says the port is not open.

I tried turning off the firewall but that makes no difference.

I'm trying to get two computers on my LAN to play the game together.

What am I missing something?

Condor
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Condor wrote:
I can't get the MP Host function to work. When I try to host a game, I receive the error "Could not map port 31791. Cannot talk to router. You will have to manually map your port to host games." I tried both Hosting from the lobby and Host using the connect directly to an IP address.

I set up a static IP address on my PC and Port Forwarding on the router port 31791 UDP to my PC. My router is Westell A90-21-0030-04.

The port forwarding appears to work correcty. I tested with PFPortChecker byPortforward.com and it says the port is OPEN after I make the changes to the router. If I undo the router changes, PFPortChecker says the port is not open.

I tried turning off the firewall but that makes no difference.

I'm trying to get two computers on my LAN to play the game together.

What am I missing something?

Condor
It sounds like you have everything setup correctly. Try disabling anti-virus on the host as well. Also, check your router for any security features that could be causing it. For example, Belkin has the DMZ feature. If not turned on, you can't host games.

Also if all else fails, try re-installing the game. I had this happened to me last night for the first time. I couldn't host or join games. Re-installed game, problem solved.
Last edited by Little Powell on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

If you are sure that your port is open, you can disable the automatic port mapping of the game by adding "MapPort=0" (without "") to the [Initialization] section of the SOWGB.ini.
Condor
Reactions:

Post by Condor »

That's what I was missing. The MapPort=0 thing. I now can get my pc to host.
Thanks ADukes.

I can't get my other LAN pc to join my host "connection attempt failed to server.

If I do a directIP connection on a lan, should I put in my local host IP addr on my client PC?

I'm working on it.

Condor
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Condor wrote:
That's what I was missing. The MapPort=0 thing. I now can get my pc to host.
Thanks ADukes.

I can't get my other LAN pc to join my host "connection attempt failed to server.

If I do a directIP connection on a lan, should I put in my local host IP addr on my client PC?

I'm working on it.

Condor
I take that back, it will need to be the local address for a LAN game. So yes, enter the local host address on the client (should be 192 something) and it should work.
Last edited by Little Powell on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Condor
Reactions:

Post by Condor »

There is something strange here. But if you try enough combinations you might get it to work, and I did.
I could not get my son's pc to connect to my host (router portmapped to the host). But I had my son's pc host a game and my pc connected to it. I use Hamachi on my network, so maybe that has something to do with. Anyway I have it working even though the wrong pc is hosting.

Thanks,

Gene