MP Troupble

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Gfran64
Reactions:

MP Troupble

Post by Gfran64 »

Hi all,

Having some trouble with MP. I have a Comcast cable modem. I tried to play a game and I chose a commander and I was able to watch the battle but was not able to control any of my command. Can I get some step by step directions for the process. I read the read me but that was for routers which I don't have. Tried to get on again and got a "Connection Attempt Failed to Server."

Thanks a bunch.

Greg B)
Smintar
Reactions:

Re:MP Troupble

Post by Smintar »

Ok I read the help in MP. But I still get FAILED to connect either creating or joining?
bedbug
Reactions:

Post by bedbug »

I'm wondering if re downloading would work.
A couple of people with slow connections have lost some files in transit.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Gfran64, are you getting the connection failed when trying to join someone else's game? Are other players able to join their game?

Smintar - You shouldn't have that message if you are hosting a game. You only get that is if someone else is hosting, and they do not have their port shared correctly or something is blocking incoming connections like firewall or antivirus.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

What's the name of your device?
Smintar
Reactions:

Post by Smintar »

OK when hosting I get this message: Gould not map port 31791. cannot talk to router. you will have to manually map your port to host.

Now I'm totally lost here I know nothing about networking.

Now I am able to get into other games :)

Also I did stop my anti virus and my firewall. but nothing helped there either when trying to host.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Post by Gfran64 »

Hey LP and ADukes,

I finished a MP session without a problem. I did not host. Played as Humphrey's. I think what the problem was related to me only putting my user name in the second line and not both. So when the game started I was 000 not GFran000. SO I think I'm fixed. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Greg :)
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

Nice, but if you want to host a game you probably have to open/forward the UDP port 31791 of your router.

There's are instructions on the Comcast homepage:
http://customer.comcast.com/%28X%281%29 ... acfc7a0bba
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Make sure to turn the firewall in windows off. That causes problems with some people.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

I am also having a problem getting setup as a Host.

I receive the message : "Level Not Found". I turned my Firewall off, no good. Within my Linksys Router, I set up the correct port to 31791 and Protocol to UDP.
Once I enter the Host Page, the Chat Box lists
<server> Port Sucessfully mapped 31791

When I select "Launch", a popup appears stating : "All players have not chosen an Officer". I click OK on the pop up box.
In the Players Box, it shows : JChamberlain(100) Select Screen.
Once I have clicked on the "Set Officers" button, the Players Box now shows : JChamberlain(100)<h
I click Launch, then go to the next screen, "Loading NetServ. Within a few seconds I hear a beep, exit out of that screen and that is where I see the "Level Not Found" "Abort", "Retry" or "Ignore". I have no option bu to Abort and try again.

Iunistalled and re-installed the Demo as I saw this in an earlier post, still cannot Host. The re-download was again, 272MB, though I read that it was closer to 300MB ?

I was able to join a multiplayer game successfully with GenJonReb, he did a number on, though it was fun !!! :) :)

Thanks

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today