Odd AI behavior in MP

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Odd AI behavior in MP

Post by Gunfreak »

I played a MP game by my self, the VERY first thing I did was to send orders to the brigades to Hold at all cost, but they still moved out and got intanglet in the enemy lots and lots of mele, little control.

Also the guns keep just moving and moving, after 10 minutes the guns had been manhandled sevral 100 yard to nowere. I had to take command to get them back in place,
ADukes
Reactions:

Re: Odd AI behavior in MP

Post by ADukes »

Can you provide a save game? What were your difficulty settings?
Jim
Reactions:

Re:Odd AI behavior in MP

Post by Jim »

It also depends on which command level your are playing on. If you are playing as Army CO, then the AI Division CO may have his own ideas about what should be done and send his own orders. If his orders arrive after yours, then they will overwrite yours and the units will do what the Div CO thinks best.

If you are playing as Army CO alone, you may prefer to TC the corps and division CO's.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863