Activation Errors

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
norb
Reactions:

Activation Errors

Post by norb »

If you receive activation errors, first I apologize. This is not new technology that we are using, but with any software there can be issues.

Send your Work/activate.log to activate at scourgeofwar dot com, we must have this file in order to check your activation error on the server.

EDIT: It is important to email us from the email that you ordered the code from and to send us your code.

Things to try:
1. Go to scourgeofwar.com and verify that your code is valid on the verify code page.
2. Disable your firewall
3. Disable your virus protection (AVG causes big issues with this stuff)
4. Make sure you have admin privileges.
5. One thing that worked for us is to uninstall and then reinstall. Many times this will fix the problem and when you reinstall the game will still be activated. This can happen if the activation dll is shown as a false positive to your virus software. Do not delete your game folders when you do this, as if it's possible to save your activation, it will.

If all that fails, we will get back to you after we get a response from their support team. Again, we apologize for this and we will fix any issues you are having as soon as possible.

Thank you,
NorbSoftDev
Last edited by ADukes on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Re: Activation Errors

Post by norb »

If you had a failed activation, please try again. I have been told that the server was not ready, so PLEASE TRY AGAIN and let me know if it works now.
ross_ntu
Reactions:

Post by ross_ntu »

Thanks - turning AVG off fixed it for me- thanks again for the quick response Norb
bscottskangum
Reactions:

Post by bscottskangum »

Mine works now, thanks!
mykul4michael
Reactions:

Re:Activation Errors

Post by mykul4michael »

Thanks Norb - turned off anti-virus and firewall and the activation worked immediately! :cheer: :laugh: :lol: :woohoo:

Now off to slaughter a bunch of sprites! I'm one of those equal opportunity smiters - don't care if they're blue or grey!
A riot is an ugly thing.... And it is just about time zat ve had one!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

It should work for everyone now.
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Post by charlesobscure »

Got mine to work!
Nudz
Reactions:

Post by Nudz »

Turning off AVG while activating seems to have worked.
ADukes
Reactions:

Additional information for AVG users

Post by ADukes »

You probably have to stop all the AVG services.
Therefore go to Start -> Run and enter "msconfig" (without ""), go to the Services tab and uncheck AVG Watchdog and AVG Email Scan. Then go to the Startup tab and uncheck the Avgtray box. Reboot, and everything should work.

Thanks to Kevin for the hint.
Last edited by ADukes on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nyy6242
Reactions:

Post by nyy6242 »

I purchased the game yesterday and have been having the same problem as a lot of others. I keep getting the error message invalid activation code. I went ahead and checked the code and it says its fine. I have also tried disabling my firewall and turning off my antivirus and still, same message. I am not sure whats going on but I trust that you guys will figure it out. I even tried uninstalling the demo and trying it again and same thing. The demo itself works great and runs smoothly but of course its the full game I want!

- Joe