Anyone else having problems with the game speed buttons?

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Anyone else having problems with the game speed buttons?

Post by MrSpkr »

I keep hitting the "=" key, but the game does not speed up. I am doing it in the first tutorial, so I know there are no enemy units to consider.

Steve
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864
norb
Reactions:

Re: Anyone else having problems with the game speed buttons?

Post by norb »

This game will continue fast, even while fighting. The guys had me do that when I put in this feature. I'm not sure why it would be causing you problems, it doesn't work in mp though.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re:Anyone else having problems with the game speed buttons?

Post by RebBugler »

Just checked the 1st tutorial and = is working as advertised. Not sure about different keyboards, but make sure it is the combination + = key. We've never experienced a bug here...keep us informed. Thanks for your patience. :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

Well, it is now working sporadically. Sometimes the "=" and "-" keys will affect the speed, sometimes they won't. If I need consistent work in speed control, the only reliable way on my machine seems to be to hit ESC and do it manually. Kind of a pain, but I can live with it. Just not understanding why it would act this way.

Steve
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864
dlpayer
Reactions:

Post by dlpayer »

I also have an issue with the time button. Selecting "=,+" does not accelerate the time.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

Try the two keys on the left of the backspace key.
dlpayer
Reactions:

Post by dlpayer »

Yes, those are the two keys I am using, but they do not change the games speed, they work for TC2.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I think you can do it in the in game options menu as well. Does it work there?
dlpayer
Reactions:

Post by dlpayer »

I don't know what you are referring to in the game options menue. Are there certain situations when time acceleration won't work?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

dlpayer wrote:
I don't know what you are referring to in the game options menue. Are there certain situations when time acceleration won't work?
When you are inside of the game (example, a scenario), you can hit the menu, go to options, and you will see an option to increase/decrease the game speed. Does it work for you there? Time acceleration should always work.