To the Roundtops

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Lees Warhorse
Reactions:

Re:To the Roundtops

Post by Lees Warhorse »

Hey just proud to report I followed the suggestions above and have dominated the scenario a few times now. I've recieved a MV all 3 times since. Thanks for the suggestions its been fun trying to take that hill.
"No 15,000 men ever made can take that ridge." Lt. General James Longstreet
July 3, 1863
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Lees Warhorse wrote:
Hey just proud to report I followed the suggestions above and have dominated the scenario a few times now. I've recieved a MV all 3 times since. Thanks for the suggestions its been fun trying to take that hill.
Excellent. Ain't it great to see those yankees running from LRT while you post the red battle flag at the top. :laugh:
Lees Warhorse
Reactions:

Post by Lees Warhorse »

Yes it is I enjoyed that very much.
"No 15,000 men ever made can take that ridge." Lt. General James Longstreet
July 3, 1863
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

You'll see those same red flags running in the other direction in Sickles Stays Home. :laugh:
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Marching Thru Georgia wrote:
You'll see those same red flags running in the other direction in Sickles Stays Home. :laugh:
lol... true.. true.. That scenario proves that Sickles definitely should have stayed home.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Little Powell wrote:
That scenario proves that Sickles definitely should have stayed home.
Indeed. The Sickles and Jackson scenarios are my hands-down favorites, especially Jackson. The sheer number of different arrival times of various units has to make it as close to a perfect scenario that can be built.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
greywulfe
Reactions:

Post by greywulfe »

Still getting frustrated(I wish I could skip over this battle as I have played it about a dozen times and "won" about 10 of them). I try keeping my regiments and leaders on the victory locations - I pretty much always get devils den and the round top. Yet it's always a defeat or inconclusive. One game I had ALL the victory locations. Getting tired of playing the same thing over and over again!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

Have you downloaded the SDK yet? Take a look at it. It will allow you to play all the historical scenario's as custom scenario's. This way you can play to your hearts content.

SDK file link.

http://www.scourgeofwar.com/Downloads/SOWGB_SDK_v1.exe

After installing the SDK, go here to learn how to install these scenario's.

http://www.norbsoftdev.com/index.php?op ... t=20#18686

Scroll down to post #18686 (Little Powell wrote this).

Little Powell is a great resource.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers...
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri May 14, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greywulfe
Reactions:

Post by greywulfe »

Thanks...although something has to be wrong.

This time I brought down the difficulty level to 1/2 regimental strength for the union, 1/2 moral. I quickly took and held EVERY objective while inflicting more casualties than my own. Still inconclusive! While the SDK is an idea, doesn't it sound like something is wrong? I mean I swept the federals from field and still cannot win!
(I'm on beta patch 2)
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

I haven't played this one since the beta 2 patch, greywulfe. I'll look at it this afternoon and give you my impressions.

Steve
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864