Red Dead Redemption

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Red Dead Redemption

Post by Gunfreak »

I already hate this game and it's not even out yet, why? becasue I had to buy a damn PS3 to play it. Cost me and arm and a leg.

The game is set in 1908 in the last of wild west. the game world is a miniature version of the american south west, you got snow clad mountain that simulate colorado or noth part of new mexico, you got arazona type planes, wetlands and you can go south of the border to mexico were there is a revolution going.
You can ride or take the train, hunt outlaws or become an outlaw.
Gamble, cheat and drink, back shoot or start fights. Capture and break horses.
Hunt and skin animals.

Basicly the west is your playground.
Southern Son
Reactions:

Re:Red Dead Redemption

Post by Southern Son »

Not for PC
:angry: :angry: :angry:
According to Game Informer April 2010 issue Red Dead Redemption might be coming to PC.
:woohoo: :woohoo:
When not i have to row over the Big Pond to kick some a....
:ohmy:
Hope is the last thing to die.
:huh:
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Gunfreak wrote:
I already hate this game and it's not even out yet, why? becasue I had to buy a damn PS3 to play it. Cost me and arm and a leg.

The game is set in 1908 in the last of wild west. the game world is a miniature version of the american south west, you got snow clad mountain that simulate colorado or noth part of new mexico, you got arazona type planes, wetlands and you can go south of the border to mexico were there is a revolution going.
You can ride or take the train, hunt outlaws or become an outlaw.
Gamble, cheat and drink, back shoot or start fights. Capture and break horses.
Hunt and skin animals.

Basicly the west is your playground.
Hi Gunfreak.

Tell me, when did this title come out?

I do some research for a local software store here for new titles.

It free's him up to do other things while I do all the leg work.

:)
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

It is not out yet Mikesla, comes out either next week or the week after.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I already found that out thanks.

Have a good day.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

Got the game today

Only played 3.5 hours but damn it's big, I've only done a few missions but damn it's fun, the shooting is very very very cool.

It's diffrent from person to person, some guys you shoot will fall down and die even if you just gut shoot them, others have to get it in the heart or head, if not you have to send them to their maker in a hail of bullets.

I went into the Sherifs office, shot him and got a possie after me, I decided to do a last stand in the office and two guys come running at me, I shot the first guy in the chest he fall down dead on the spot, the other guy was a thougher nut to crack. he first got it in the hip he fell down but got up, he then got in in the shoulder, but that didn't stop him and he now started to shoot at me, finnaly I got him in the gut, and he fell down on his knees giving of another shot, then he fell down on his back, and with his last breath gave a shot before he just droped his head and died.

The graphics are perfect, the wooden buildings looks 100% like wood.

You have random events, so you might be riding here or there and suddenly you get attacked, or some maided needs your help.

Like I was in Armadillo the main town in the first region, I was walking down the street, when a drunkard attacks a woman, trying to do bad things to her I drew my SAA and put a .44/40 in his head.
Another time in the same time, 4 guys from the local outlaw gang can riding though the town, shooting it up, seconds later all 4 lay in the street missing most of their brain.
BigBadJohn
Reactions:

Post by BigBadJohn »

Had good singleplayer fights and adventures in Call of Juarez: Bound in blood.
Also good graphics. Red Dead Redemption seems to be also a game for me.
Is one of the games better than the other ?
You Fought All The Way, Johnny Reb, Johnny Reb......
Lees Warhorse
Reactions:

Post by Lees Warhorse »

Ive played both... Red dead redemption is made by Rockstar games the makers of Grand THeft Auto. It has been absolutely awesome so far... You can do anything you want to do which makes it a little better in my mind. Call of Juarez is still kind of scripted but RDR isnt by any means. Ive played for almost 10 hrs and am only 20% done. RDR also has alot of replay value... my friend has the same game and we havent even done any of the same missions its all about the path you choose to take. outlaw or lawmen ha. All in all they are both fun but RDR is better in my opinion.
"No 15,000 men ever made can take that ridge." Lt. General James Longstreet
July 3, 1863
BigBadJohn
Reactions:

Post by BigBadJohn »

Thank you,
so I guess I will buy it. ;)
Last edited by BigBadJohn on Sat May 22, 2010 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
You Fought All The Way, Johnny Reb, Johnny Reb......
zenozigaganbottom
Reactions:

Post by zenozigaganbottom »

Wish I had an X Box. The I could be part of the Cod-obsessed morons at my school. And I've played Red Dead, amazing game. Take Grand Theft Auto, set in 1908, and upgraded. Then you've got Red Dead Redmption.