Order Of Battle Editor

He's on the board and he writes tons of useful tools to make modding that much easier.
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Order Of Battle Editor - Updated 6/13/10

Post by Garnier »

This has been updated more in the last week. Here are the changes. (Most recent version is top on this post).

Version 36 -- 4:59 PM 6/12/2010

* More changes to Random OOB Generator for more historical flavor:
* Union batteries more likely to have 6 guns instead of 4, and less likely to have different types of guns in the same battery. (to balance, sometimes one confederate battery will be replaced by two 4-gun batteries so the overall average is 6 guns per battery on each side).
* Union more likely to have more men but less quality, set to balance out on average according to the OOB analyzer.
* Union brigades more likely to have regiments from multiple states while Confederate brigades are usually mostly from one state each.
* Average ratios of regiments from different states match the historical ratios at gettysburg.
* Average ratios of different types of cannon match the historical ratios at gettysburg.
* Average numbers of different weapon types matches the SOW gettysburg OOB.

Version 35 -- 7:38 PM 6/11/2010

* Fixed a mistake in the OOB Generator that made all commanders wear Union uniforms.

Version 34 -- 6:19 PM 6/11/2010

* Fixed a crash when loading an OOB that had a unit which had "ARMY" set to 0.
* Improved OOB Generator performance.
* Adjusted OOB Generator data (to be more historically accurate).

Version 33 -- 0:00 AM 6/8/2010

* The horizontal scroll bar will stay in place when you select different units.
* Changes to the "Analyze Balance" function.

Version 31 -- 0:00 AM 6/6/2010

* Fixed a crash when trying to paste units after other units had been deleted.
Last edited by Garnier on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Order Of Battle Editor - Updated 4-3-2011

Post by Garnier »

This is updated for the new OOB format. It's at version 45 now.

When you open an old OOB with it, it should convert it to the new format, and then you can save it.
The OOB generator/converter should be working with the new format as well, I tested them on a few OOBs.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Order Of Battle Editor - Updated 4-3-2011

Post by KG_Soldier »

We tried to play a Missouri game last night, but of course the oobs were the old ones.
Chonaman
Reactions:

Post by Chonaman »

Garnier,

Was there ever a version of this tool that worked with TC2M OOBs?
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

No, I wrote it when SOW was out, and haven't touched TC2M since.
Meyer
Reactions:

Re: Order Of Battle Editor

Post by Meyer »

Thank you very much for this Editor plus this is a re-release of GarnierEdit. :)
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

Hi Garnier,

I have used this program successfully and happily on my old computer with XP. I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and am trying to use this program but for some reason nothing I mod with your editor saves. I can edit them all I want with excel just fine, but not with this program.

What am I doing wrong. I know it's on my end, but I don't know why and am frankly very unfamiliar with Windows 7 (I loved XP).

Thanks in advance and I apologize for my ignorance.
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

No idea, unless you have it in a protected location like program files and don't have permission to save files there.
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

Hi Garnier, thanks for the reply, help and for the mod! I have no idea what was wrong, I removed and re-installed the program twice. I downloaded a new copy, too. Finally, after un-installing it a 3rd time I rebooted the computer, too, and re-installed. All is working at this very moment.

I truly do thank you for the editor. I'm creating OOB's for the entire Atlanta campaign and it has been so helpful.

Thank you again,

James
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
tony luke
Reactions:

Post by tony luke »

Hi Garnier,

I have downloaded the OOB editor and can create a US and CSA OOB but where do you save it and how do I actually use it in the game? Have saved the file in all sorts of locations within the game but cannot find it anywhere when looking to load it. Would really like to know how to get it into the Sandbox so i can choose a map and play the battle. I am clearly missing something along the way. Any help would be gratefully received.

Edit: I have the GCM mod installed does that make a difference???

Edit MkII: 90% success - Finally manged to create and load a scenario in the Sandbox. Chose the Antietam map but found a brigade in the middle of a Union division when the game started. Is this map dependant or do I need to do something else to prevent this. A deployment box would be great at the start of Sandbox so you could lay your troops out in a rational/co-ordinated manner!!!

Cheers,

AKL
Last edited by tony luke on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.