Registration Protection Service Offering

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
norb
Reactions:

Registration Protection Service Offering

Post by norb »

I see that some people are buying this when they buy the game. I think it means that they will send your code to you again if you lose it. This is completely not necessary, please don't waste your money. We do this for free. We get a giant spreadsheet of all the codes and who bought them from the stores. We would be very happy to look anyone's up if they lost theirs. All you would have to do is send an email from the same email that you ordered from to our sowsupport email. If you cannot do that, you would probably just have to provide a few more details that we could use to confirm you are who you say you are so people can't use this to steal codes.
Last edited by norb on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Registration Protection Service - Losing Codes

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi Norb.

Maybe changing the Topic post to something less frighting.

It made me think that reg codes were being stolen, which scared the crap out of me.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Took your advice, thanks.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi Norb.

I didn't know if I should say anything. I don't want to overstep the boundaries.

If I did Norb, I apologize.

Cheers..
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

No, I appreciate any help I can get in any way I can get it. My brain gets bogged down in code and a lot of times what I type does not come off as what I was trying to type. According to my wife, what I say doesn't either :) I work around 15 hours a day, 10 on the day job and 5 here. I'm almost always in front of the computer. So I drink a lot of tea and try to keep focused, but I make mistakes. So I appreciate help where I can find it :) I think ADukes works more than me though, he's usually around when we in the US start working and he's in Germany, so I don't think he sleeps. Everyone else on the team puts in a ton of hours too, they are always around answering questions. We've got a lot of time invested in this game, so we need this baby to shine! I do my consulting work at home though, so I can roll out of bed, bring the kids to the bus, and get to work pretty quickly. Not everyone has that advantage and it allows me to put in more hours.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi Norb.

Good to hear, I don't want to get in anyone's way, or step on peoples feet.

I was wondering if you guys sleep or not. Now you guys are human right? :)

I thought I had a busy life...it doesn't even come close...

Cheers...
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I'm going to post here again to make sure that it's current. Some of the stores will add this automatically to your purchase when you order. Just delete it from your cart. It's unnecessary. All you need is the game purchase. So please look at your order and the amount before you pay. If it's more that what you thought you were paying, take a look why.
hdwhite
Reactions:

Post by hdwhite »

I purchased Antietam this week and started to buy it through Share It but they added this to my purchase without my picking it, with no way to edit it out. So I cancelled the order and got it through Fast Spring. :angry:
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Registration Protection Service Offering

Post by Little Powell »

There is a way to remove it. You just check the box on the right hand side that says "remove", then click update.
hdwhite
Reactions:

Re: Registration Protection Service Offering

Post by hdwhite »

For whatever reason that wasn't showing up when I purchased, the only choice I had was to process the order