Stannard on the Flank

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
norb
Reactions:

Re:Stannard on the Flank

Post by norb »

We discovered some issues that required updating most of the scenarios. We now have to test them all. Hopefully another beta patch will be up before the weekend.
bscottskangum
Reactions:

Post by bscottskangum »

Thanks for the update Norb, looking forward to it.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

RebBugler wrote:
Just played a quickie, got my butt kicked. Yep, points don't add up good even if you could hold the whole time...which you can't. I'll discuss this one with LP, I think he scored it in it's final version.

I just played this scenario without reading this thread. I held the objective the whole time minus a few minutes. Didn't lose a single regiment and got only 3571 and a major defeat.

I was a very sad panda.

I was considering abandoning the flank and moving to the Angle where I might get more points for the objective and a stonewall for cover. But I'll hold off for a bit and see what becomes of the patch.
Last edited by garyknowz on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

garyknowz wrote:
RebBugler wrote:
Just played a quickie, got my butt kicked. Yep, points don't add up good even if you could hold the whole time...which you can't. I'll discuss this one with LP, I think he scored it in it's final version.

I just played this scenario without reading this thread. I held the objective the whole time minus a few minutes. Didn't lose a single regiment and got only 3571 and a major defeat.

I was a very sad panda.

I was considering abandoning the flank and moving to the Angle where I might get more points for the objective and a stonewall for cover. But I'll hold off for a bit and see what becomes of the patch.
Yeah I really hate that we had a few scenarios make it in the game with score issues. To this day I don't know how it happened because we were testing these down to the last minute. But regardless it is what it is, and trust me you'll be very pleased when the new patch comes out. :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Booji Boy
Reactions:

Post by General Booji Boy »

You guys are doing a great job of keeping on top of these things Little Powell, MarkT, and Norb. Seems like every time I have a scoring issue (I, too, am stuck on Armistead and Stannard) you guys are already working on a fix. Again, kudos!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

It's just crazy that this stuff makes it in. We have so many checks to make sure we don't screw this up, but stuff still gets in between the cracks.
General Booji Boy
Reactions:

Post by General Booji Boy »

norb wrote:
It's just crazy that this stuff makes it in. We have so many checks to make sure we don't screw this up, but stuff still gets in between the cracks.
Whack-a-mole!
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

How did this one play out on the Beta? I just played it a couple of times, and am seeing the same, hyper aggressive confederate behavior that I saw in the first Beta patch, but not in the original release. Essentially, I am seeing either Heth's men come all the way down the line to take on Stannard, or Kemper's entire brigade charging Stannard and routing him in quick order. This makes the additional points superfluous as Stannard's weak regiments cannot hold them.

Again, I would ask -- were there changes to either th e scripting for this scenario or to the AI that would make it more aggressive?

Steve
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

MrSpkr wrote:
How did this one play out on the Beta? I just played it a couple of times, and am seeing the same, hyper aggressive confederate behavior that I saw in the first Beta patch, but not in the original release. Essentially, I am seeing either Heth's men come all the way down the line to take on Stannard, or Kemper's entire brigade charging Stannard and routing him in quick order. This makes the additional points superfluous as Stannard's weak regiments cannot hold them.

Again, I would ask -- were there changes to either th e scripting for this scenario or to the AI that would make it more aggressive?

Steve
No changes to the AI or script. It's funny because every time I tested it when we were trying to adjust the scoring, Stannard was basically left alone. I had to attack Kempers flank if I wanted to get any attention from the Rebs.. Do you have it on Hard difficulty or something??
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

No changes to the AI or script. It's funny because every time I tested it when we were trying to adjust the scoring, Stannard was basically left alone. I had to attack Kempers flank if I wanted to get any attention from the Rebs.. Do you have it on Hard difficulty or something??
Stannard is left alone maybe 1 in 5 times based on my experience. By the way, according to the instructions, Stannard has the 12th and 15th Vermont. They never show up when I have played this scenario. Is this a bug or a typo?
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.