Stannard on the Flank

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Stannard on the Flank

Post by Little Powell »

Marching Thru Georgia wrote:
No changes to the AI or script. It's funny because every time I tested it when we were trying to adjust the scoring, Stannard was basically left alone. I had to attack Kempers flank if I wanted to get any attention from the Rebs.. Do you have it on Hard difficulty or something??
Stannard is left alone maybe 1 in 5 times based on my experience. By the way, according to the instructions, Stannard has the 12th and 15th Vermont. They never show up when I have played this scenario. Is this a bug or a typo?
They are in the intro screen, but you don't get them in the scenario. Good eye. I'll bring this up with the designer.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

What was the value of the objective changed to?
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

garyknowz wrote:
The first OBJ has been increased to 100, the next one that pops up in the same place has been increased to 200. Still tough, but definitely winnable now.
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

Doh -- I may have jacked it up to Seasoned. Arggghh!

I'll try again on regular difficulty.

Steve
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Little Powell wrote:
garyknowz wrote:
The first OBJ has been increased to 100, the next one that pops up in the same place has been increased to 200. Still tough, but definitely winnable now.
When does it switch over? With half left or so?

Thanks.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

It switches at the 13 minute mark.

Just beat this one when I got a version that left Stannard mostly alone. Now, let's see if I can get Dick Garnett to help Armisted out by attacking anywhere NEAR the angle.

Steve
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864
MarcusC
Reactions:

Post by MarcusC »

No changes to the AI or script. It's funny because every time I tested it when we were trying to adjust the scoring, Stannard was basically left alone. I had to attack Kempers flank if I wanted to get any attention from the Rebs.. Do you have it on Hard difficulty or something??
Stannard is left alone maybe 1 in 5 times based on my experience. By the way, according to the instructions, Stannard has the 12th and 15th Vermont. They never show up when I have played this scenario. Is this a bug or a typo?
Hi, I just played the Stannard for the first time and noticed these missing units. What is the status of the fix for this and the scoring issues? Thanks!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

MarcusC wrote:
Hi, I just played the Stannard for the first time and noticed these missing units. What is the status of the fix for this and the scoring issues? Thanks!
They are not supposed to be there, but still showing in the scenario description. Type-o.. I thought it was fixed too. I'll make sure it gets taken care of by the official patch.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

The 12th and 15th Vermont regiments were detached to guard the main supply wagon depots. It is an interesting speculation of what Stannard might have done with an additional 1200 soldiers.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
MarcusC
Reactions:

Post by MarcusC »

Little Powell-oh, I see-they weren't meant to be available in the scenario.

Jim-yeah, it'd been nice to see what the additional regiments could've done. I could use them-this is one tough scenario!