Hood takes Devils Den, The Wheatfield, and both Round Tops.

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Hood takes Devils Den, The Wheatfield, and both Round Tops.

Post by DavidAcheson140PVI »

Greetings generals! Here is my report of the scenario moving on to the round tops. i started out as general law and deployed most of my infantry to take devils den because of the threat of artillery.along the way we took out the 2nd us sharpshooters and had that not happened i believe it wouldve turned out quite differently. i took quite a few casualties but secured devils den rather quickly by double quicking it up to the artillery and securing all but one gun which for some reason embedded itself into one of the rocks but i digress. next i moved a brigade up to take the round tops. i broke their defenses easily and the so called heroic 20th maine and all of colonel vincents defenses went running down the hill.vincent was killed in a bayonet charge i sent up to destroy the defenses. i put about 5 regiments on little round top because there was a good sized force down by the weikert farm. i placed general law on one of the rocks so he could have a good observation spot. right now we are about a half hour into the battle most of it so far had been moving troops around because the defenses crumbled very quickly. so general birney tried to retake little round top with his entire division but failed miserably and took quite a few casualties. little round top was still in our hands and besides a few skirmishes and breakthroughs it stayed relatively untouched the rest of the battle. i believe the reason my 5 regiments fought off an entire division was that i had deployed a kind of semicircle that kinda enveloped the union troops battling to retake the hill. ok next i sent a message to general longstreet for infantry support to take the wheatfield. longstreet sent over 2 brigades to help break the line. i brought up general jerome robertsons brigade to break the line from the rear. we sandwiched the yankees and they had no choice but to turn and run for cemetery ridge. General meade for some reason was sent over i think to boost morale but he didnt do a great job since he was killed. general hood had been mostly out of the way the entire battle but was wounded at the wheatfield. other than the fact that there was some stiff artillery resistance the wheatfield fell quickly. a brigade from the 2nd corp was coming from cemetery ridge to reinforce the retreating union. but they couldnt get there in time and the battle ended with them still on the move. ok so the aftermath was Me: 753 casualties Union: 1567 casualties. so it went very well thanks for reading and ill see you on the field!
Virginians with me! Who will come with me?! - Lewis Armistead, July 3rd, 1863