Carnage at Culps Hill

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Carnage at Culps Hill

Post by DavidAcheson140PVI »

Greetings generals! This is my second after action report. This report is describing the carnage i experienced while defending culps hill. If anyone could tell me how to take screenshots thatd be great.

12:15 i move up my artillery to pound their units from the rear.

12:20 barrage begins

12:25 i move my general to a better point of view and an easier acess to his commanders.

12:35 confederates begin to flank my artillery and route 4 guns before retreating

12:40 confederate artillery is spotted on the road south of the hill.

12:41 my reserve artillery opens up onto the guns before they can get into position and route every single gun.

12:50 the main infantry attack begins on the hill

1:15 i notice the confederates are beginning to move up the north slope where i have the least defenses. i qickly pull up 3 reserve regiments to deal with the arising threat.

1:20 widespread melee fighting begins on the north slope as the confederates try desperatly to dislodge my forces. the 5th ohio routes but i quickly fill the gap and continue melee fighting eventually causing a confederate 2 regiment surrender.

1:30 troops on the southern slope begins to waver as relentless confederate counter attacks rain down lead upon my troops.

1:40 i make the final push to drive the confederates off the hill and succeed as they run home to richmond.

My casualties: 1765 Confederates:2654 most from barrage
thank you for reading this after action report plz comment and there will be more coming
Last edited by DavidAcheson140PVI on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Virginians with me! Who will come with me?! - Lewis Armistead, July 3rd, 1863