Battle at Culp's Hill

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Battle at Culp's Hill

Post by MrSpkr »

We had a 3 v 2 Mp match last night -- AP Hill's III Corp (2) versus Sykes' V Corp (3) on the Culp's Hill map. The Union forces seized Culp's Hill; after an abortive attack by two Confederate divisions, Hill pulled his men back into a line along the northern and base of the hill and awaited the Union counterattack.

The results were bloody, but ended with a firm Confederate victory. The Union pressed on the outside flanks of the Confederate line, and, while they made significant progress against the Confederate left, their attack on the right initially stalled, then was firmly routed. The Confederate left held upon receiving a brigade of reinforcements from the right at a critical moment.

The carnage was awesome. Pics to come.

Steve
Last edited by MrSpkr on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Re:Battle at Culp's Hill

Post by MrSpkr »

Attachments
Culps_HIll____Benners_Farm_2.jpg
Culps_HIll____Benners_Farm_2.jpg (293.58 KiB) Viewed 184 times
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

Attachments
Culps_Hill____Benners_Farm_3.jpg
Culps_Hill____Benners_Farm_3.jpg (312.55 KiB) Viewed 184 times

MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

Attachments
Culps_Hill_Benners_Farm_1.jpg
Culps_Hill_Benners_Farm_1.jpg (350.76 KiB) Viewed 184 times

Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Great carnage shots Steve !!!

Though they would be much better had the outcome gone to the Boys in Blue !!

;) ;)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
hurrah for the union
Reactions:

Post by hurrah for the union »

awsome. i wish if i can play this battles online. does diffreant versions fit for other veresions? i have an old demo version. am going to buy the full veresion after i get the credit card. looks awsome. battle of culp's hill is a great victory for the union and i wish i was there with you guys with the north :) still dreaming....
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

hurrah for the union wrote:
awsome. i wish if i can play this battles online. does diffreant versions fit for other veresions? i have an old demo version. am going to buy the full veresion after i get the credit card. looks awsome. battle of culp's hill is a great victory for the union and i wish i was there with you guys with the north :) still dreaming....
hurrah for the union,

As soon as you pick up the game, then you will be with the guys from the north !!

;)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

Actually, another player took those shots and was kind enough to send them to me. I think it was x navy seal, though I could have been mistaken.

Steve

hurrah for the union
Reactions:

Post by hurrah for the union »

i have the demo. i am not allowed to use a credit card YET but i will get one soon. i am playing with the union glory as well. i have a good computer. but i dont know how to play online. how? i try to join the loby but it does not accapt. tell me how please.

regrads. your fellow member