First MP Game last night

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
Marmusman
Reactions:

First MP Game last night

Post by Marmusman »

Thanks to everyone that was online last night! I forget all your names, but will learn them eventually! Great first experience, though I still feel like I am "herding cats" once the battle starts. I think I need to work out controlling my peoples.

I entered the lobby as a Demo player. Chatted a little. Decided to finally buy it, left the lobby, purchased the activation and came back to lobby. The purchasing system works great.

There was one other "new" guy in the lobby also. You guys were nice enough to run a Sandbox battle to give us an idea of the MP game.

I have lots of questions, but will play with the game some more and read the forums before asking! I see a lot of potential in this community. Once I figure out how to properly command my troops, I may contribute by put together some video tutorial for youtube for other new players.
...just my 2 cents,
Marmus

Visit www.impedimentsofwar.org, the Civil War Talk Radio website.
norb
Reactions:

Re: First MP Game last night

Post by norb »

That is a big weakness for which I can't find a solution that I like. A place for demo players to hook up and play. The problem is that there are rarely two demo players in the lobby at the same time.
Marmusman
Reactions:

Post by Marmusman »

When a demo player enters the lobby, some of us could always quickly leave, deactivate the game, then re-enter the lobby. Then we would be in demo mode also, correct?

This maybe a worthwhile approach, gets more people interested in the game while still in demo. Then they could make their decision on purchasing.
...just my 2 cents,
Marmus

Visit www.impedimentsofwar.org, the Civil War Talk Radio website.
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

Welcome to SOW , Marmusman.! You're going to love it.

As for your "herding cats", I can relate. Practice running some single player sandbox games of Brigade v. Brigade on the Kansas map for a while until you get the hang of it, then move up to division matches. That way, you are handling a small number of troops on a map with minimal terrain issues to help you get used to the system.

Best of luck, and I'll see you on the battlefield!

Steve
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864
Willard
Reactions:

Post by Willard »

There is a pretty regular group in the lobby between 6:00pm - 10:00pm EST.
We should be there again tonight, now that Rich has no excuse about not being able to host!
Roberdeau Ch. Wheat
Reactions:

Post by Roberdeau Ch. Wheat »

I will be in the lobby about 6.00 pm too. Hope to see you guys then.

Rob
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Roberdeau Ch. Wheat wrote:
I will be in the lobby about 6.00 pm too. Hope to see you guys then.

Rob
EDT, CDT, MDT, PDT or ???

Thanks

J :laugh:
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Roberdeau Ch. Wheat
Reactions:

Post by Roberdeau Ch. Wheat »

Obviously, 6.00 pm EST, which means for me 12.00 pm CET ;)
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Roberdeau Ch. Wheat wrote:
Obviously, 6.00 pm EST, which means for me 12.00 pm CET ;)
Why "obviously?" There was no EST on the note.

Thanks, though.

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade