New Campaing Game is Ready

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
JMayer
Reactions:

New Campaing Game is Ready

Post by JMayer »

Norb and Company,

I have setup the large Alpine Map you created for us as a Campaign game now. It is to be played with all of Norb's creation engaged. Meaning use of Courriers by Brigade so that roads need to be kept open if you want your courriers to get quickly on their way with orders.

At the moment I have only 19 VP's availlable for use and when Norb frees up more I will place them on the Campaign map. The key to this Campaign is to Think of your moves and not just go boldly where no one has gone before. Now as played with courriers you will have to use keen tactics and Strategy to win. All of the armies on both sides are ready to start. You would, if you know how to, use the L key to save Startloc file and the G key to get the Gamedb so the next turn may be updated. I am hoping that when Norb sees this and how it is , what I believe , the game being played as he had intented it to be that he will use this example to update statloc and Gamedb within the game itself for his next add on or update.

With this Campaign now that I have put Points of interest on the map you must hold those points to collect ammo and give your men extra Moral and Stammina to keep them fighting for the whole campaign. TO those not able to update game stats as of yet you may contact me if you like to learn how to use the Statloc and Gamedb to replace and supply your armies. I won't fool you to think it is easy at the moment it is an act of love for the game that I do it. Hopefully Norb and Team will make all of this possible ingame as a carry over stats. Just as in the single player so that all you need is two or more people to play the game online.

The game now has Two corps commands for Union and one corp for South. IT is best played with at least one on one or two on two or more. Remember now that it is all Courrier based and you must use them to get the full effect of what the game has to offer. I have beta tested it with the SoA league and it works perfectly. IF you would like the Campaign Game I can upload it someplace to let you download it .

I would advice all that are really interested in accurately playing the game contact me so I might give you brief instructions on how to play it properly. I can be found either on the Game Lobby , name is JJ Gordon there, or on the SoA team speak , listed on the SoA League site, www.usvmc.net/csa/ copy and paste this address into your browser and Team Speak info is there. I hope all will try this and love it as much as I and those who have beta tested it with me do.

Hope to see you all soon,

JMayer aka JJ Gordon