Need Advice on a game.

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Need Advice on a game.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

A buddy of mine wants to sell me his copy of "Forge of Freedom" by Matrix, and he wants $15.00 dollars for it, is this title worth it?

I can't download the demo because it's just too big for a dial-up connection.

Let me know what you think of the game.

bye.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Need Advice on a game.

Post by Little Powell »

mikesla wrote:
Hi.

A buddy of mine wants to sell me his copy of "Forge of Freedom" by Matrix, and he wants $15.00 dollars for it, is this title worth it?

I can't download the demo because it's just too big for a dial-up connection.

Let me know what you think of the game.

bye.
Those turn based strategy games are not for everyone. You'd really have to try it out to see if you'd like it, but since you can't download the demo, have you ever played a turn based strategy game before? If so and you liked it, I'd say go for it. It definitely covers the Civil War on a large scale. If you don't like it heck I'll buy it from you.. :)
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

Biggest problem I see with the game with the exception of it being turn based is it's also hex based. I checked the Matrix site and for a physical copy of the game it's $59.95 so $15 is worth it to just check it out.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Those turn based strategy games are not for everyone. You'd really have to try it out to see if you'd like it, but since you can't download the demo, have you ever played a turn based strategy game before? If so and you liked it, I'd say go for it. It definitely covers the Civil War on a large scale. If you don't like it heck I'll buy it from you.. :)
Thanks. I'll take a crack at it, for $15.00 dollars it can't hurt to give it a try.

Cheers...
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Shirkon wrote:
Biggest problem I see with the game with the exception of it being turn based is it's also hex based. I checked the Matrix site and for a physical copy of the game it's $59.95 so $15 is worth it to just check it out.
Hi.

$15.00 dollars isn't much money so I think I'll give it a crack. I'm always interested in ACW games so $15.00 won't put a dent into my game fund.

Thanks guys for your opinion.