How many grey beards around.......

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Re: How many grey beards around.......

Post by SouthernSteel »

for history programs? bless you, son, for your walk shall be a long and arduous one.

Er, I mean, good luck! congratulations! wooo! :woohoo:
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Well, I'm 48, and I do have a grey beard, and grey hair. I think I'm getting better looking as the years add up, but the wife says she doesn't have to worry about me ever getting a mistress so I guess good looks is in the eyes of the beholder.

Later!
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

No mistress? What fun is that?
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

No mistress? What fun is that?
:laugh:
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

OK, OK, the young dudes are invading us, just:dry: like the north did the south..... what did he say, surely he would not say that,you heard him! Let me put it another way old toots very very old so old we think we were in The War even though we were not!!!!!Like myself!:sick:
Last edited by Cleaburn on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
drhet58
Reactions:

Post by drhet58 »

Well, bugle calls to Norb and the crew {to many to type, but you know who they are} The great ACW games they have helped produce and refine have brought together the "old farts" and "young bucks" as one in harmony. Everyone on this forum deserves a round of applause for just being the fun and respectable people you are. A great pleasure to be with all on this journey.
"Their battle-flags looked redder and bloodier in the strong July sun than I had ever seen them before"
Lt. John H. Calef
Company A, 2nd U.S. Artillery
July 1st
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

56 here,
these games sure beats army men!!!!

the reb,

I think I said this before, a Tide Box turned upside down for the Alamo and those big red bricks for the walls.....
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

I was thinking that very thing the other day, I wish I had all those toy soldiers, I used to have some of those sets are worth some bucks I Here.
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

I was thinking that very thing the other day, I wish I had all those toy soldiers, I used to have some of those sets are worth some bucks I Here.

Hmmmmmm...... last time I remember seeing my toy soldiers was just after I put them into a Lincoln Log cabin then shoved an M-80 through the door. I think some were headed north and some south. :woohoo:
Last edited by Shirkon on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

:S :S Oh my boom boom.