Multiplayer Maps

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
estabu2
Reactions:

Re:Multiplayer Maps

Post by estabu2 »

I also like AJ idea, even open maps can still have choke points.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

estabu wrote:
I also like AJ idea, even open maps can still have choke points.
The Antietam1 map probably comes the closest with wide open areas for some artillary practice and just enough woods and a lot of rolling hills to make it interesting.

The Antietam2 and Fredericksburg maps in OP on the other hand definitely need engineer regiments to take care of them dam river crossings which the infantry seems to always want to perpetually wade in.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

This is very worrying. Complete agreement among this crowd :dry:

OK, now if you could add a second and different map, what terrain type would you like to see on #2?

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I love the Chattanooga map because it has choke points for good assaults and defense, wide artillary fields, the oppertunity for street fighting, multiple flanking movements, and so forth.
Hancock the Superb
bedbug
Reactions:

Post by bedbug »

Ephrum wrote:
Amish John wrote:
Gently rolling hills, patches of woods, some farms with orchards, an adequate road system, maybe a couple higher hills or ridges, a river that can only be forded at specific points, areas of fenced crop fields and areas that are mostly unfenced and open.
Sounds ideal! Make a couple like that, and we'll be glad to litter them with dead Sesech and Bluebellies!B)
I also think a couple of maps like this would be good. Maybe one with higher hills and one with villages. Fewer fences and fields. Smaller woods. Good intergrated road systems.
Last edited by bedbug on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
louie raider
Reactions:

Post by louie raider »

i feel i should be worried about this thread...
this space for rent
bedbug
Reactions:

Post by bedbug »

No no....honest. We're retiring your post hole digger.:)
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

:lol: Get digging Eric!

Mordor would be cool - although Pelennor Fields would be better. Mons or the Marne would be my choice of course.

Seriously I think some of the best 'made up' maps are where you base them on a real area. Say near where you live and then just populate it with period buildings etc.
bedbug
Reactions:

Post by bedbug »

....NOW you can worry, Eric. :laugh:
Last edited by bedbug on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

tim wrote:
:lol: Get digging Eric!

Mordor would be cool - although Pelennor Fields would be better. Mons or the Marne would be my choice of course.

Seriously I think some of the best 'made up' maps are where you base them on a real area. Say near where you live and then just populate it with period buildings etc.
How about an area that could've been a major battlefield. Like Mine Run, or around Harrisburg, PA. Or maybe even in Florida, or Texas.

Okay,I know it's a stretch, but it's just some ideas.
OHIO UNIVERSITY