Multiplayer Maps

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re:Multiplayer Maps

Post by JC Edwards »

estabu
...Then we could have JC come by with our drinks!!!
Sure enough......I'll bring by the first round....just in enough time to drop off estabu's cute little cocktail waitress outfit....complete with stiletto's and push up bra.:cheer: :)
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
69th NYSV
Reactions:

Post by 69th NYSV »

JC Edwards wrote:
estabu
...Then we could have JC come by with our drinks!!!
Sure enough......I'll bring by the first round....just in enough time to drop off estabu's cute little cocktail waitress outfit....complete with stiletto's and push up bra.:cheer: :)
:huh: :ohmy: :(
Pvt., 4th Texas Infantry, Co. B
Gfran64
Reactions:

Post by Gfran64 »

I think the Antietam maps were pretty cool. Very wide open, artillery heaven. But to pick one type of map is very difficult. Champion's Hill is cool but the hill drives all the fighting. Gettysburg if played well tends to turn out looking like a fish hook. The terrain just dictates that that is what should happen. Chickamauga was difficult because of the woods and lack of good roads on half of the field. Stones River is neat because of the bridges. Fredricksburg speaks for itself. Tim brought up cool points about Harrisburg being a neat area. But I think the Susquehanna River is over 1/4 mile wide there and that would certainly dictate a lot of strategy. I think that the land of the Lehigh Valley is the perfect spot. Similar to Gettysburg but more rolling. Mostly farms, and orchards and livestock. There are a few cuts in the mountains to the North. Check a topo map along the I 78 corridor West of Allentown, PA. I say Hamburg, PA is my spot with Hawk Mountain pass in the distance to the North, right near the Cabela's of I 78 and Rt. 61. If Lee had crossed the Susquehanna River, I think this is where he would have fought.

Or you could just use the ground south of Gettysburg, that route "around to the right."

Greg
Last edited by Gfran64 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Greg,

You sound like a local boy (to that area of PA.)

John (Reading - Lancaster area)
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Post by Gfran64 »

Somewhat,

I grew up in Elysburg, PA. I live in NJ now and go back to visit my folks on I 78 to
61N. Always thought that the Lancaster/Reading area was the equivalent of Gettysburg, just on the other side of the river. Heck, the roads into both areas are exactly like Gettysburg, just like a wagon wheel. Every time I go back, (it gets to being a long trip about right there), I envision Lee traveling just North of Hawk Mountain and coming down that cut across the Schuylkill River and then into Hamburg, then Shoemakersville, then Leesport, (how fitting), and then Reading. If he got east of the Susquehanna, I'm sure he would have come down in this area, Lebanon, Lancaster or Reading.

Greg
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Yeah, if Lee had gotten his army across the Susquehanna it could have been "The Battle of Intercourse".
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Post by Gfran64 »

Now that's worth fightin' for.

Greg
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Man, getting a little out of control, are we JC, just because you are a colonel now doesn't mean you get to pick and choose!;)
Hancock the Superb
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Hancock the Superb wrote:
Man, getting a little out of control, are we JC, just because you are a colonel now doesn't mean you get to pick and choose!;)
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Watch out, or the Devil will come down to Georgia, and he won't let you play the fiddle either! :evil: :lol:
Hancock the Superb