Sharps

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Sharps

Post by NY Cavalry »

I was playing a SP game as Rebs Hood's Division. McLaws Division was controlled by AI. rebs were set to defend an objective. The yanks attacked McLaws head on towards the obj. So I maneuvered to the flank of the attacking column. The ai reacted very well and moved troops to its flank against me and attacked. I had time to set up a proper defence behind a creek and fence. These were tough yanks of the 5th and 3rd corp and were putting up a good fight when I noticed the center of my line wavering. That's when I realized that the 2 3rd corp sharps were targeting the center of my line. Now the Penn reserves are a tough bunch and the sharps were behind them. So I couldn't just charge them. I had my artillery target them with little effect. Then things got better when the 13th Penn Reserve also a sharp unit came over and started in on my line too. mainly the sharps stayed where my infantry could not get to them and regiment after regiment and then my artillery in the center were shot down and routed. Soon I had a left and right , but no center. Laws brigade and 2 batteries plus a few other regiments where just gone. dead on the field. It is like there is a cheat where sharps are equipped with lazer guns.
Armistead
Reactions:

Re: Sharps

Post by Armistead »

According to the SDK on the rifles the sharps have a maximum range of 400 yards compared to the every-other day rifle of 160. Those stats are base line. They increase (not sure by what percentage) the higher your firearms and marksmanship stats are. The sharps reload time is also cut i think half of the other rifles as well.

Good news is that once the sharps ammo is gone its gone for the rest of the battle since the ammo wagon does not replenishes them.
Last edited by Armistead on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.