MOD for speed of the game?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
ETF
Reactions:

MOD for speed of the game?

Post by ETF »

Is there a MOD to slow the game down. Trying to get my miniature chaps into the game. They find it always to be on TURBO mode :)
Is there a variable speed mod or something? Or even a MOD that allows orders to be issued when paused?

Thanks
Jim
Reactions:

Re: MOD for speed of the game?

Post by Jim »

The game can be run up to several steps faster using the + key. There is no provision for running it slower than the base setting. There is also no way of issuing orders while the game is paused. The generals at the original event did not get to put the battle on pause while they thought about things.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
ETF
Reactions:

Post by ETF »

Well of course that is true they also had 10's of people on their staff. Obviously the game is running much faster than 1:1 speed. I take it this will not change? Not moddable?
Thanks I guess they will have to get much faster on the keyboard or just find a product that supports such things.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

ETF wrote:
Obviously the game is running much faster than 1:1 speed
No the game runs at 1:1. If it seems like it is running fast, press the minus (-) key. That will automatically put it in 1:1 mode. As Jim said, if you press the plus key (+) it will speed things up.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
J Canuck
Reactions:

Post by J Canuck »

Is there a MOD to slow the game down. Trying to get my miniature chaps into the game. They find it always to be on TURBO mode :)
Is there a variable speed mod or something? Or even a MOD that allows orders to be issued when paused?

Thanks
Is this still anathema to the game, or is it possible that the option to issue orders when paused (non-courier mode) may be developed in some distant future? One of the splendid features of SOW is the great variety in how one may play the game.
Graeme
Reactions:

Post by Graeme »

Hello ETF,

If your slowest speed still looks like turbo, could it be that your CPU(s) are too fast?
There are utilities to slow down games/CPUs. Some examples of old ones are at:
"The NEW PC Slow Down Page!" at: http://www.reocities.com/kulhain/

Graeme