An Invitation to Norbsoft

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Neal
Reactions:

An Invitation to Norbsoft

Post by Neal »

I'm Neal, aka, "The Father General" in the Shenandoah Club, and leader of that Club's Confederate Corps. No doubt you have heard of our adventures and we likewise look forward to your success as a developer of fine Civil War simulations. I can honestly say, in my own opinion, this is the very best computer game ever developed and I have spent more hours at this game than any other in my gaming career.

That being said, the room to grow is tremendous, as you are no doubt aware. We very much want to be supportive partners in that effort.

Recently, with the latest patch, we have encountered issues with stability that didn't exist with v1.01. As a result, our games are a bit smaller than we would sometimes like, and this has been a disappointment to us. Of course, to be fair, we almost exclusively use custom generated OOBs and scenarios, and it is always a possibility that the fault could lie with our own production.

We have discussed at length on our Teamspeak server and forums, just how mutually beneficial it would be for one or more brave volunteers from your team to spend a little time with our club. I am sure you will find our forums informative and entertaining, our strategic campaign of some interest, and most of all our efforts at building a friendly, democratic, and successful multiplayer community of great value to your team. This invitation means your team will have the opportunity to see what the multiplayer community is doing, what our hopes and suggestions are, as well as give us the opportunity to take direction from you, particularly when it comes to technical questions.

So, NorbsoftDev and team, please consider this an open invitation to join our club and forums, and to visit us on Teamspeak and in our multiplayer games. We will welcome any of your staff in any capacity from active participants to casual observer, to forum lurker.

The link to our website is: http://www.usvmc.net/csa/ and we will make our Teamspeak server information available by PM, if requested.

We hope to see you fellas over there sometime soon.

Cheers!

-Neal-
norb
Reactions:

Re: An Invitation to Norbsoft

Post by norb »

Thank you Neal. As you know, MP issues are a real pain to track down, but we are looking into it. What we first have to do is figure out why and how to recreate the problem on our own.

One thing that your group can do to help us out is to email us all of the sowgb.log files of everyone in a game when the issue occurs. If someone were to gather them all up, name them, zip them into one file, and send them to our support email, it would help us tremendously.

Also, anything that you can think of that is consistent with the crash would also help. We really hate to hear that something we have done is messing up the game, so you can be sure that we are looking into this very seriously and hope to have something to fix it before the next official patch.
Neal
Reactions:

Post by Neal »

Sure thing, Norb. We're on it for ya.

:)

-N-
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

As you have undoubtedly observed from the forum, Norb, the freezes seem to occure whenever a player decides to look at the HUD OOB or the "stars" roster on the left side of the screen. We have posted the note from MTG about the logs, etc. and I suspect they are already enroute.

Thanks for your efforts.

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Thank you, we specifically tested for this during our own tests. We ran the game and hit a ton of buttons with lots of people in there. We looked at maps, OOB, stars, no issues.

It's a tough one to determine, but we'll have to get in there again to see what's up. Thank you.
Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I used to know, since it's already not so fresh :) after the months