Big Shout Out!

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
norb
Reactions:

Big Shout Out!

Post by norb »

Man, you really have no idea what it takes to run all this. Maybe publishers are worth the crazy percents they take :)

BestShareware.net gave us their 5 star award based on downloads. That's pretty cool. Searches show a ton of links to the game. Everyone is just doing great in getting the word out. The game is selling steadily, so thank you!

Chris from NWS Online is the first to sell the game and thanks to him for making that happen. He's always been a supporter of indie games and those we create are no exception. He's also been a great place to go for advice, as he's been doing this for a long time.

Actually I think that anyone can sell the game through the share-it program, or rather there's some type of commission thing you can do, an affiliate program. So if you link to the share-it purchase page from your site, it might be worth it to check it out. You could earn some money!

Jim is working on a deal to get the CD version into one of those Gettysburg Gift shops. That's where we need to be and it's almost done.

Eric has been working very hard to keep up with all of this. Not only doing the maps and the website, but he's done all the ads, the manual layout, the CD box art, and the actual CD art. His work is top notch and make us all look like professionals.

Kevin (MTG) has been working on getting us online where ever it makes sense. He's got us on Amazon, EBay, and is also working on getting us into the National Park Gift Stores.

Oliver has been handling the thankless task of 1st line customer support and he's doing a great job. We've been working together for a while now and he's got my number. Knows just what I need to fix stuff.

The rest of the troops have been working hard getting the feature patch together. Matt's been working hard getting it all together and is working together with Randy to provide the new scenarios. Dave, John, Larry, Chuck have been running it all, providing feedback, and verifying what's going in the feature patch. We still get together, though not as often as usual to run MP games and discuss where we are going. We've also have lots of other resources waiting in the wings to come active again once finish with the patch. Not everyone's real life allows them to work so hard for so long, so we have our reserves.

We've all invested a ton of time in this game. You see these guys on the forums answering your questions. It's the way we like to do things. If you're going to pay us for this, we're going to be there to support you. I don't think any of realized what a huge time commitment this would be when we started. Sometimes it seems that it would be easier to just hand it all to a publisher, get the money and go work on the next game. Although we all wish it didn't take so much time, I don't think anyone wants that feeling that what you worked on for years is now completely out of your hands.

Look for an AWESOME ad in the Holiday PCGamer! Should be out very soon.

The rest of the team,
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Big Shout Out!

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

Good news...

Cheers, and thanks for all the help you have given me over the past couple of months.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Nice update Norb. Hope you can get it into the gift shops in Gburg. I know some of the shops have TVs running to advertise their DVDs. Can you put a 15 or 30 minute captured game movie on a looped DVD to have the shop owners play? No reason they can't run your game movie just like they do the videos they sell.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We have been very slowly working on updating our movie. It's hard to finish with everything else we have. It keeps getting put on the back burner. But it is something that we realize needs to be done.