Trash talk for MP!

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re:Trash talk for MP!

Post by Chamberlain »

:woohoo: Great news Norb !!!

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

Ephrum wrote:
IronBMike wrote:
I´ll revive this thread and announce that I´ve been devising strategies for multiplayer recently and am chomping at the bit to test them out on all of you!
What a coincidence! It just so happens I'm chomping at the bit for you to test your strategies.

So are your strategies taylored to defending, or attacking?
Oh, a little bit of this, a little bit of that. But mostly offensive.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

You mean mostly running away! Is that your offensive movement?
Hancock the Superb
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

Hancock the Superb wrote:
You mean mostly running away! Is that your offensive movement?
:laugh: :laugh: :silly: :woohoo:

Hancock, you crack me up!

I think Sarge had a bit of an influence on you in regards to this Thread.

Or you had it in you all along!
Last edited by Ephrum on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
OHIO UNIVERSITY
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

IronBMike wrote:
Ephrum wrote:
IronBMike wrote:
I´ll revive this thread and announce that I´ve been devising strategies for multiplayer recently and am chomping at the bit to test them out on all of you!
What a coincidence! It just so happens I'm chomping at the bit for you to test your strategies.

So are your strategies taylored to defending, or attacking?
Oh, a little bit of this, a little bit of that. But mostly offensive.
I have found that most of my pre-conceived strategies for multiplayer don't work in practice. I doubt that SOWG will be much different. Sometimes the other guys (enemy and team mates) don't quite cooperate. (I think Lee experienced that problem at Gettysburg.) That does not, however, have any bearing on one's ability to trash talk about flawless strategies for victory, etc.

I look forward to teaming up with Army of the Potomac comrades in the future and driving Bobby Lee and Co. from the field (or accepting their surrender, whichever comes first).
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

Your right O. O. Howard, what looks good on paper doesn't always work in application. I've found that my plans are always adjusting. We all know the saying....."improvise, adapt, and overcome." If I've learned anything in TC2M, it's that you have to be prepared to adjust your plans. Opportunities sometimes present themselves, but have a very small window of time to act on.

It's going to be interesting in MP. I mean we've all dealt with the AI, but MP will be a whole new level of challenge, in so many ways.

And win or lose, none of that will have any bearing on my talkin' trash! ;)
OHIO UNIVERSITY
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

Ephrum,

Your other post on "taking sides" points to where the real trash talk will eventually start picking up: Hardcore USA vs. Hardcore CSA.

- Double O
Last edited by O. O. Howard on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

O. O. Howard wrote:
Ephrum,

Your other post on "taking sides" points to where the real trash talk will eventually start picking up: Hardcore USA vs. Hardcore CSA.

- Double O
Yeah, I was just reading it. :laugh:

Now this thread needs Sub-Catagories.

Trash Talk for:
Hardcore USA vs. Hardcore CSA
The First Time Victor
The First Time Defeated
The SOWG Team just whipped you
The SOWG Team just got whipped
and so on.

It'll probably all end up in Rant&Rave!
OHIO UNIVERSITY
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

Ephrum wrote:
O. O. Howard wrote:
Ephrum,

- Double O
It'll probably all end up in Rant&Rave!
Actually, that is a distinct possibility. Can you imagine this scenario among comrades on the same side:

"We could have won if you had come up and supported my left when I requested reinforcement."

"How the (explitive) was I supposed to do that when I was on the other side of the field and hotly engaged. If you had stuck to the plan and hadn't (explitive) gone out on your own little (string of explitives) foray in the first place we could have overwhelmed their right."

Moderater: "This discussion has been moved to Rant and Rave."
Last edited by O. O. Howard on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

:laugh: :laugh: :silly: :woohoo:

I didn't even consider that! I think you nailed it O.O. Howard!

That was great!
OHIO UNIVERSITY