Trash talk for MP!

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Ephrum
Reactions:

Re:Trash talk for MP!

Post by Ephrum »

Hancock the Superb wrote:
I am willing to be whooped by JC anyday of the week - but he's gonna get a fight of his life for it!
Now that's the spirit Hancock! That's the style!! B)
Last edited by Ephrum on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
OHIO UNIVERSITY
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Alright Hancock !!!

:angry:

Sounds like your boys have their gander up !!!!

And this looks like fine ground for a battle !!

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Mad face?

I haven't heard anything about how your boys in the V Corps fight. Do you posses a secret weapon, or will you need me to send over a second division to allow your regiment to hold their place.

:)

I hope you will have the fine oppurtunity to hold my left flank in the upcoming MP fights.
Hancock the Superb
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

I haven't heard anything about how your boys in the V Corps fight. Do you posses a secret weapon, or will you need me to send over a second division to allow your regiment to hold their place.
Hancock, Hancock, Hancock.... We know the II Corps is always ready and willing to bail the rest of us out as needed, but you guys are now on the verge of trash talking within our own Army. :ohmy: I thought our trash talk was supposed to be directed at those other guys.
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

O. O. Howard wrote:

Hancock, Hancock, Hancock.... We know the II Corps is always ready and willing to bail the rest of us out as needed, but you guys are now on the verge of trash talking within our own Army. :ohmy: I thought our trash talk was supposed to be directed at those other guys.
We're all fair game in this thread!
Yankee or Rebel, it makes no difference. :) I can see both teams doing that. For instance, If I'm leading a brigade of South Carolina regiments, they'll be finer troops than those from Texas, Virginia, or Ala-Damn-Bama!
North Carolina and Georgia? They're just Dirt Farmers!
Mississippi, Florida?......Rogues and Upstarts!

As for the Border states......they can't even make up their minds!

And so on, and such like. ;)
Last edited by Ephrum on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
OHIO UNIVERSITY
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

Ephrum wrote:
O. O. Howard wrote:

We're all fair game in this thread!
Yankee or Rebel, it makes no difference. :) I can see both teams doing that. For instance, If I'm leading a brigade of South Carolina regiments, they'll be finer troops than those from Texas, Virginia, or Ala-Damn-Bama!
North Carolina and Georgia? They're just Dirt Farmers!
Mississippi, Florida?......Rogues and Upstarts!

As for the Border states......they can't even make up their minds!

And so on, and such like. ;)
Sure... but part of trash talk is to make you (the other guys) think that we really do have some kind of secret weapon / amazing strategy / unbeatable tactic / indefatigable team morale or some such thing. If you know that Hancock always has to bail us out (even if it is true) it might weaken the strength of our trash talk position to you other guys.

For example, we tell you that "We are going to crush you with a swift, combined and coordinated attack", but then you reply: "How will you be able to coordinate while the II Corps is sending its divisions left and right to bail the rest of you out as we scatter your forces across the battlefield like chaff in an early spring gale?" Now, it is not that trash talk is all that effective, but we are talking trash talk theory here. You may recall this one from Introduction to Trash Talk 101: Whenever possible, obtain bits of internal trash talk from the enemy and use it against them in the days and hours leading up to an engagement. Wasn't that also in Sun Tzo's The Art of War?

But... since the game isn't even out yet and we haven't actually played MP together or against each other, it may be premature for Trash Talk as Psychological Warfare (Covered in Intermediate Trash Talk 201), so I guess everything is still just fun and all is fair. (I will tell you about our secret weapon / amazing strategy / unbeatable tactic and indefatigable morale later.)

- Double O
Last edited by O. O. Howard on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

Indeed it's all in good fun! Team mates razz each other all the time. But put them against a foe, and they're blood brothers!

As for getting into an opponent's head, I look to the Father of Trash Talk; Muhammad Ali!

As for Oscar's comments.........Now that's Trash Talk!! :laugh:
Last edited by Ephrum on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
OHIO UNIVERSITY
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Oh. I'll switch to Lee's attempt to withdraw troops from in front of me on Day 3.

Where is George Pickett! :angry:
Hancock the Superb
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

BRING IT!!! :evil: For I WILL Clear the Field!
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

JC Edwards wrote:
BRING IT!!! :evil: For I WILL Clear the Field!
Oh No! I better put on my concerned and scared expression....here we go....:laugh: :woohoo: :silly:

....man, you couldn't clear a picnic table, even if you turned it over!
OHIO UNIVERSITY