Questions/Suggestions

NSD Hosted Multiplayer Tournaments
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Questions/Suggestions

Post by KG_Soldier »

No rules on the battlefield. . . other than what your conscience will not allow.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Will an NSD team member need to be present to observe?

Also, what are the rules going to be on "gamey" tactics in battle (ie, people rolling up cannon into their line on the offensive to fire cannister)?
NSD team members are not required to be present to police the games. I'm sure you'll see them popping in from time to time, as well as participating, but they don't have to.

There are no rules at this time to prevent gameyness. If you see your opponent rolling up cannon into their line, then you should do the same. If it's possible on the battlefield, then it's legal. ;)

Well said KG.. You can be gamey, but it may give you a bad rep in the end. :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Edit: I cannot host. I messed with it a bit but haven't been too willing to mess with the router in depth.
We will need to get you able to host then. You can refer to the support threads that have lots of good info on this. It's really not as hard as it seems, and there's many folks here that can help you through the process.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

No rules on the battlefield. . . other than what your conscience will not allow.
I fear the consciousless are legion and their ranks grow daily. And as damaging as a bad reputation may be, it has no real consequences. This community is yet too small to cast anyone out (and I don't know how it could effectively be done, anyhow).

I may mess with being able to host at some point, but I can also tell you that there are quite a few others who cannot host either. Whether they sign up or not remains to be seen, but I hope the hosting thing doesn't make folks shy away.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

I'll host your games for you if you need, Mr Parker, aka Johnny Reb, aka SouthernSteel.
Neal
Reactions:

Post by Neal »

Gamey tactics, imbalance, general siliness and absurdity...welcome, my friends, to the MP community. LOL

The various clubs have done a very good job handling these issues in the past. I would suggest KG_soldier, or JMayer as resources for a basic ruleset. Since pretty much all of us here have similar experience and common affiliations, I would expect each man to play in accord with what we would consider accepted practice in the organized MP community. The SOW Society rules are not entirely in place yet, but the Shenandoah Club has a ruleset that is perfectly acceptable.

In all, I'm not going to worry about it. I would advocate for troops to be armed with 250 yard range rifles, which does a great job of deterring artillery abuse.

An observer slot is a handy thing to have. As long as the game isn't crashed, it's quite fun to watch the battles, and to have an audience.

Anyway, what happens happens, and above all I hope this is fun for everybody.

N
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

I would advocate for troops to be armed with 250 yard range rifles, which does a great job of deterring artillery abuse.
Artillery is for capturing my good Mr. Neal.......not routing.:evil:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Little Powell Sir.

I am wondering if you will be using Fraps to record a game, and post it on youtube for those to watch?

Just a suggestion sir.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Little Powell Sir.

I am wondering if you will be using Fraps to record a game, and post it on youtube for those to watch?

Just a suggestion sir.
Good idea.. It would take a good bit of editing etc. to make it into an enjoyable video. The games are currently an hour long which I believe is too long for youtube. But if I can set aside the time to do that I'll be more than happy to.
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Little Powell Sir.

Just a suggestion sir.
Good idea.. It would take a good bit of editing etc. to make it into an enjoyable video. The games are currently an hour long which I believe is too long for youtube. But if I can set aside the time to do that I'll be more than happy to.
Thanks Sir, I will be one who will appreciate the effort.

Cheers.