Turns

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
Garnier
Reactions:

Turns

Post by Garnier »

I've put together a simple system for having turns in the campaign, all a turn is is a time period, after which things happen and a report is created for each division, showing its strength, experience and other info. Currently, some of your wounded/missing return, etc.

I intend to add more interesting things later, such as the option to attach new regiments to your division, recruiting of replacements, transfer of officers and the like.

I don't know how often I'll schedule the turns for. Maybe once or twice a week.
Last edited by Garnier on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
JMayer
Reactions:

Re: Turns

Post by JMayer »

It all sounds really Good and I look forward to seeing it at it fullest state. Keep up the great work sir.

JJ Gordon
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Turns

Post by Garnier »

Because we're having so many battles, which I hadn't expected to happen at first, I've been doing turns pretty much every day instead of once or twice a week. However, I don't like having them be arbitrary and not having a schedule for them.

Here's the current rule for how frequent turns will be:
1 turn per day, except on weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) there will be two turns, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening. So ten turns per week total.

Currently I have to be present for a turn to take place, as it would be risky for them to happen when I'm not there, there have been a few issues that came up which I needed to fix right away. If I'm not there to run the turn on any day, I'll run it the following morning.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign