Sometimes the AI is just Brilliant!

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Sometimes the AI is just Brilliant!

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

Fought a fantastic game last night. Lost big time but a great way to lose. Situation -
1st day map.
Playing as D.H. Hill (My modded "Jackson Series" OOBs.) 2 Brigades and 2 batteries in my Div.
Jackson's 2nd. Corps starts from the northwestern corner.
Hunt them down with objs.
Ordered to move my Div down the Carlisle road thru G'Berg to the Thompson House. Raliegh Colston on my left moving also. Hartwig's Div in reserve. Fraser's Cavalry wandering along BEHIND me.
Contact at the road junction just north of G'Berg. Elements of Reynolds 1st. Corps and Buford's Div. Seriously hard fighting, volleys at point blank range, etc.
This goes on for approximately 15 minutes. We are holding on, fighting well when - TA-DA! Robinson's Div appears ON MY RIGHT REAR, COMING DOWN THE MUMMASBURG ROAD!!!!! We are completely screwed!!! All my reserves are commited. Hartwig is to far away for Jackson to send in time. I have to withdraw, and rapidly. No chance for a rearguard action. Firing off a note to Colston, it was time to bug out. Absolutely Brilliant!!!
Thank you Norb/Team! The game gets better and better. Gonna give Old Tom Jackson a piece of my mind regarding the Cavalry's failure to scout the roads, (LOL), after I finish rounding up my scattered Battalions.

Sic Semper Avantis

Jack O'Neill B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re: Sometimes the AI is just Brilliant!

Post by JC Edwards »

This is something I've mentioned to Norb many times, but mainly with TC2M. This game engine is outstanding and I've yet to come upon anything like it elsewhere.

BRILLIANT!:)
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'