A Petition from the MP Community

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Garnier
Reactions:

A Petition from the MP Community

Post by Garnier »

Speaking for the MP community playing the campaign mod, at least for those who post below that they agree, and assuming MP mods were not going to be enabled in the next patch:

The MP community requests some form of MP gameplay mods to be allowed, in some way, as soon as possible. We would very much appreciate it.

We know you've been planning on mod support at some point, but you've said it will take a lot of work to figure out an elaborate system for ensuring compatibility. We understand that, but think it would be more beneficial for the community to have something simple to work with in the meantime so we can fix our own problems.

It's been almost nine months since the game is released and we've had to deal with some serious gameplay issues this whole time, which we could have fixed in a matter of days with modding allowed. These issues couldn't be properly fixed for us in a patch, because we need to be able to try different things before we hit on something most of us like.

The MP community appears to have nearly doubled in size in the past three weeks. We've had at least 60 players in 100 battles in the five weeks since this campaign started, and there's no sign of it slowing down.

Obviously we like the game, or we wouldn't have stuck around so long, but it could be much better. The more the MP community is happy, the more it will grow, more people will buy the game and more will play it.

We have an auto-updating launcher which can be used for starting the game and ensuring that all players have the same version of the mod. We account for at least 95% of the MP that happens, and if anything went wrong we can fix the problem or stop using mods on the spot. It would be our own responsibility.

Thank you for reading this. Any players who agree with this request please post below:

Garnier
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
IronBMike
Reactions:

Re: A Petition from the MP Community

Post by IronBMike »

Wow, it has been almost nine months. It doesn't seem that long.

I agree. I think that doing this will really allow the development of a multiplayer community to take off and establish itself for the far-reaching future. If too much time is lost, the chance for a lasting mp community may be lost.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

I am in complete agreement with Mr. Garnier! I have been playing Mr. Garnier's Campaign since it originated and he has done a fine job in getting the MP aspect improved!

Just out of curiosity, is there a special reason(s) why this is not permitted? The "inquiring mind" would like to know!:laugh:

Jack
aka Baylor
Last edited by Kerflumoxed on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Baldwin
Reactions:

Post by Baldwin »

I'm all for it. Ever forward!!
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Affirmative
Topps
Reactions:

Post by Topps »

yep, i agree
Armistead
Reactions:

Post by Armistead »

Thanks for a great game! Allowing us to mod for MP will be greatly appreciated.
Tobe123
Reactions:

Post by Tobe123 »

Hear, hear.

aka Hays
Last edited by Tobe123 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

+1 for mods in mp, great game!! B)
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

I like the idea very much and hope this will improve game play as well as expand the community.:lol: :lol:
Move Forward