I think this has to be updated if I'm not mistaken.

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I think this has to be updated if I'm not mistaken.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I just noticed that the system requirements may need to be updated. The system requirements doesn't mention internet connection required for game activation, unless you disabled it then in that case there is no need.

The attachment requirements.JPG is no longer available

This is what happens when I get really bored with myself... :(
Attachments
requirements.JPG
requirements.JPG (70.09 KiB) Viewed 232 times
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: I think this has to be updated if I'm not mistaken.

Post by Little Powell »

Thanks mikesla. An internet connection is technically not required. You can do manual activation.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Thanks mikesla. An internet connection is technically not required. You can do manual activation.
Hi Little Powell.

The manual activation? Is that the email approach?

tisk! tisk!...semantics... :unsure:

Later...and take it easy!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Hi Little Powell.

The manual activation? Is that the email approach?

tisk! tisk!...semantics... :unsure:

Later...and take it easy!
Yes. But technically you don't have to even have email. Let's say you are in Afghanistan with the game on a laptop, and no internet connection. You can call up your buddy from the states and have him complete the manual activation. :)

I know what you mean though.. Maybe we should put a note that an internet connection is required for Online activation.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

"Yes. But technically you don't have to even have email. Let's say you are in Afghanistan with the game on a laptop, and no internet connection. You can call up your buddy from the states and have him complete the manual activation. :)

I know what you mean though.. Maybe we should put a note that an internet connection is required for Online activation."

And perhaps a note that you will need a computer to play the game. :P
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

"Yes. But technically you don't have to even have email. Let's say you are in Afghanistan with the game on a laptop, and no internet connection. You can call up your buddy from the states and have him complete the manual activation. :)

I know what you mean though.. Maybe we should put a note that an internet connection is required for Online activation."

And perhaps a note that you will need a computer to play the game. :P
Hi.

The point is that the serial number has to be validated before the game can be made into a full registered version. If you do not have an internet connection, or if don't know someone who can help you out, then there is no way to activate the game. Maybe your next door neighbor could do it for you, or if your lucky you could use a computer in a local internet cafe sort of deal.

I know, people would ask how this person was able to get the game if he didn't have the internet, but like my past birthday I was given 3 games all downloaded via the internet ( I didn't download them). Now with that said, I sure wouldn't like to be made responsible to help my friend out to activate his game for him every time he wished to transfer it over from his desktop to his laptop every time, after awhile I'll probably would like to slap him upside of his head for bothering me so much.

To me having "internet required for activation" posted is as important as having the system cpu specs, and video card specs....and yes the having a monitor as well.

Just my opinion, and my 3 cents worth on the matter.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I need something cleared up with this manual activation thing. It's obvious I'm not grasping this concept of email/manual activation.

If I had to have someone activate it via email, don't I have to pass my purchased serial key too him to use so that he can get a validation code back?

I mean wouldn't that leave the game wide open for duplication? I mean if I had a falling out with a friend of mine who has my keycode because I needed him to validate my game, can't he just download a copy for himself, and manually activate it without him/her ever having to purchase the game because now he/she has my purchased serial key, and the validation code.

I need clarification on this please..it has me a bit worried.

Later!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Yes, you would need to pass it to someone that you can trust with your code. Personally I would go to an internet cafe, or some public terminal and send it from there. I think there are very few people that cannot get to some computer on the net. Even send it through a phone if that's all you have.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi.

Okay, that's good to know. I thought maybe when you put your serial key into the game itself for manual activation it would give you another code which you could pass on to your friend to use to get the validation key.

Alright, now that I know this if I ever need to use the manual activation I'll be sure to choose wisely.

cheers, and take care.